Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any input regarding these 2 holsters? They're both in my price range and I'd like to get one. It would be holding an XD-40 Tactical.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The Blackhawk is MUCH better in every way.

Since I got my Blackhawk for my XD and got used to it I am buying these for all of my other pistols that I carry.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
My personal opinion regarding the XD Gear holster is that if you get one with the gun, it's good enough to get you by until you can get another holster. It is pretty much the equivalent of a Fobus (and I don't personally care for Fobus).

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yeah, I own(ed) both. Sold the gear holster and bought a blackhawk serpa. The gear holster was ok, but retention was so good that I could rip my pants off before I could unholster the gun. I didn't want to fool around with boiling it and all of the other remedies, so I gave it away in a karma. The blackhawk is fantastic, push-button retention is great. I wouldn't use it for CCW, though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback, looks like I'll be going for a Blackhawk. Can anyone say whether it works well with a Tactical model? I know that generally if it works well with a service it will work well with a tactical, but I've read a few exceptions to these, so I just wanted to be sure...

Edit: I just read through the other thread and my question was answered there... disregard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts