Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need opinions if there is a fix for my XDE trigger. When I pull the trigger I get a stinging or burning sensation on the tip or area touching the trigger. I don't know if this is common with others and is there a fix. I thought maybe a trigger shoe might fix it and if so where would I get one. Thanks

·
Registered
EDC Springfield XDE 45. Beretta PX4 40 and 45, Compact 9mm. Sig P-220 10mm, NAA 22-mag revolver.
312 Posts
Have you got with Springfield? How about a little more information to your issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't cked with Springfield. The trigger has a sharp curve and is difficult to get your finger in properly. Hard to describe, but similar to the kel Tec p11 trigger which they make a shoe for and makes the trigger wider and better pressure applied to the trigger. I'm just grasping at straws. I carry this gun the most but practice with it is not fun.There aren't any flat triggers out there.Looking at your profile you have an xde so this might be more understandable.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I had that problem with a CZ75. After a few rounds, it became quite painful. I asked the same question then, and no one seemed to know how to fix it. If you find a cure, please post it.

·
Registered
EDC Springfield XDE 45. Beretta PX4 40 and 45, Compact 9mm. Sig P-220 10mm, NAA 22-mag revolver.
312 Posts
I guess I just still don’t exactly understand what the problem is. I’ve had a 45 XDE for close to two years that I’ve shot probably at least over a hundred rounds through and I’ve not noticed any kind of stinging or burning sensation while shooting it and I’ve gone through about 4 magazines at one time back to back as I practice my double-tap, DA then SA shots several times.

Hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hi,

I need opinions if there is a fix for my XDE trigger. When I pull the trigger I get a stinging or burning sensation on the tip or area touching the trigger. I don't know if this is common with others and is there a fix. I thought maybe a trigger shoe might fix it and if so where would I get one. Thanks
I'm just an old noob and don't know nothin' from nothin'. I found a similar thread on another forum with several suggestions, trigger finger placement (pad or knuckle?), low grip, rough surface on the trigger (boot or dremel?), etc.

This shotgun forum post talks about "trigger slap" being a mechanical issue.

EDIT: OK, one more forum post about a painful Glock trigger.

That's all I got. I'll show myself out now.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Reactions: jonb32248

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Basscliff, the area that gets irritated is next to the nail of the trigger finger so I'm using the proper part of my finger. It's crazy how this little bit of the hand makes it uncomfortable. I've had this gun since '17 and fired thousands of rounds. I'm tired of dealing with it. Probably getting rid of the gun soon. Of all my guns I carry it the most but to practice with it is a pain.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Basscliff, the area that gets irritated is next to the nail of the trigger finger so I'm using the proper part of my finger. It's crazy how this little bit of the hand makes it uncomfortable. I've had this gun since '17 and fired thousands of rounds. I'm tired of dealing with it. Probably getting rid of the gun soon. Of all my guns I carry it the most but to practice with it is a pain.
Wow, you’ve had this gun since 2017? Have you always had this problem ever since you bought it? Are there any gunsmiths in your area that you could take it to, maybe they can help you out?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hi,

You've been shooting longer than I have so I'm sure you know the proper trigger technique. All I know is what I've read in my research. My uncle was a great man and taught me, "If you try something and it doesn't work, try something else." ;)

Are there any sharp edges or ridges on the trigger? Is the trigger safety not laying flat when you pull? Has this been a consistent situation since day one? Is there a "slap back" from the trigger during recoil? Perhaps a trip to the gunsmith is not a bad idea. I'm just running through the list, a process of elimination. I've learned that the last thing you try will fix it. :D Good luck to you.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have the exact same issue. And have not found a solution. I believe a flat trigger would solve it, but no one makes one.
If you compare with other triggers, the curvature of the trigger is much greater than my other handguns. Because of this all the pressure from the trigger is on the bottom edge of your finger, not the pad. Would be great if Springfield took interest and created a replacement trigger. If you find a fix please post

1 - 13 of 13 Posts