Springfield XD Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
love my XDE. 45 took it to the range yesterday and with me it's accurate at 12yds I'm able to keep my hits center mass

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think everybody is consolidating their inventory, and the lines that don't sell as well just can't be justified. I never saw anything wrong with the external hammer, but it's probably not the best seller around either. Same thing with the XD Mod2 line, I'm really happy I got mine when I did and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Maybe but Smith & Wesson just released an external hammer compact called I think the CSX. Wonder what Sw say that Springfield didn't?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Maybe but Smith & Wesson just released an external hammer compact called I think the CSX. Wonder what Sw say that Springfield didn't?
I'm not sure it's an apples to apples comparison.

The CSX is an aluminum framed, SAO, double/1.5 stack handgun that is vying for the subcompact and micro-compact segments and the XD-E is a polymer framed, SA/DA, single stack that is solidly in the "compact" market segment (5" high). I personally was never a fan of the SA/DA action-- would have preferred SAO.

It is my understanding that the CSX is also manufactured by SW in the USA whereas the XD-E was made in Croatia by HS Produkt. So, the business relationship is probably more complex for Springfield since they have to import the XD-E. Further, keep in mind that the companies are completely different. SW is a publicly traded company with probably around 10x the number of employees as Springfield which is a privately-owned company and, as far as I know, only has one or two facilities in Geneseo, IL. I think that the David-sized company would have a different business strategy than the Goliath.

·
Registered
EDC Springfield XDE 45. Beretta PX4 40 and 45, Compact 9mm. Sig P-220 10mm, NAA 22-mag revolver.
315 Posts
Hmmm. Well, I’m glad I got mine when I did and I’m glad I got all my extra magazines when I did. It’s a great little pistol. Being that there are still some of us that prefer and appreciate hammer-fired, double action, single action pistols that there’d still be enough of a market for this pistol, especially in the 9 mm version. As I’ve said before, my little 45 version was kind of hard to get used to in order to be accurate with it but adding that Hogue grip to it really did help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hmmm. Well, I’m glad I got mine when I did and I’m glad I got all my extra magazines when I did. It’s a great little pistol. Being that there are still some of us that prefer and appreciate hammer-fired, double action, single action pistols that there’d still be enough of a market for this pistol, especially in the 9 mm version. As I’ve said before, my little 45 version was kind of hard to get used to in order to be accurate with it but adding that Hogue grip to it really did help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm old school and love hammer fire over striker fire. got the XDE to go along with my Sig P220's

21 - 26 of 26 Posts