Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed on Springfield's website. The entire XDE line is discontinued. I have the 3.8" 9mm. It's a nice gun.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think everybody is consolidating their inventory, and the lines that don't sell as well just can't be justified. I never saw anything wrong with the external hammer, but it's probably not the best seller around either. Same thing with the XD Mod2 line, I'm really happy I got mine when I did and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

·
Administrator
17,368 Posts
Well that didn't take long.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well, that's 3 fine weapons that I have that have been discontinued. The 4" Mod 2 9mm, the XDe .45 and the CZ Rami BD.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow sad day! The XDE is practical, unique and reliable. I was hoping they would expand on it, improve the trigger shape, break distance and try a 1.5 stack to get a few more rounds in there. The XDE came across to me as a single stack knock off of a USP which was kinda cool. The XDS, also fantastic, will probably be the next one to get the axe. I'm still mad about the XD mod 2 disappearance.

Hopefully they will revisit DA/SA in a Hellcat variant.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had a XDE 9mm 3.3, I liked it for the added safety of appendix carry but just couldn't shoot it as well as others, I think the grip is just too thin for my hands. I sold it and got a CZ 75 PCR that I like way better. I also have a Rami for times when the PCR is just too big. Its a shame though as I like hammer fired pistols better for carry. I was hoping for a XDE 9mm double stack.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just thinking more about this. They discontinued the XDS and brought it back as an OSP... they may do the same here.
You have to remember that for most of the XD line Springfield is only the American importer, marketer, and distributer. I could be wrong, but I've read/heard that the XDE was an American market only offering whereas at least some version of the other XD/Hellcat pistol lines are offered elsewhere (including the XDs). Maybe one of the non-USA based XDTalk members could attest to the veracity, or lack there of, of this claim. Point is, I would have to think that it is entirely possible that the business decisions of both (or either of) the importer (Springfield) and (or) the manufacturer (HS Produkt) could impact the product line offered in the USA.

Although I believe the XD Mod. 2 is still available outside of the USA (discontinued here). I actually prefer the Mod. 2 grip size, feel, and texture to the XDM.

That being said, if they came out with an XDE Mod. 2 that was SA/DA with an interchangable thumb safety/decocker (like a CZ P07/P09) I would buy one.

·
Registered
650 Posts
You have to remember that for most of the XD line Springfield is only the American importer, marketer, and distributer. I could be wrong, but I've read/heard that the XDE was an American market only offering whereas at least some version of the other XD/Hellcat pistol lines are offered elsewhere (including the XDs). Maybe one of the non-USA based XDTalk members could attest to the veracity, or lack there of, of this claim. Point is, I would have to think that it is entirely possible that the business decisions of both (or either of) the importer (Springfield) and (or) the manufacturer (HS Produkt) could impact the product line offered in the USA.

Although I believe the XD Mod. 2 is still available outside of the USA (discontinued here). I actually prefer the Mod. 2 grip size, feel, and texture to the XDM.

That being said, if they came out with an XDE Mod. 2 that was SA/DA with an interchangable thumb safety/decocker (like a CZ P07/P09) I would buy one.
They will likely come out with it, if you look at the past few years of discontinues and additions.

No need to ask a non-USA member, look for yourself.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
S&W just announced (via email) they have a new hammer fired gun.

The "CSX", it looks XDe sized with an aluminum frame and 10+1 and 12+1 mags.
It appears from the pics to have their new flat faced trigger.

So if you must have a small hammer fired gun, this might be a replacement for the XDe.

Random article from a search.

S&W link

$609.00 MSRP on the S&W page.

·
Registered
134 Posts
S&W just announced (via email) they have a new hammer fired gun.

The "CSX", it looks XDe sized with an aluminum frame and 10+1 and 12+1 mags.
It appears from the pics to have their new flat faced trigger.

So if you must have a small hammer fired gun, this might be a replacement for the XDe.

Random article from a search.

S&W link

$609.00 MSRP on the S&W page.
Caught my eye too-- I prefer striker fired and single action over double action.

Nonetheless, that's a pass for me, since it looks like it has those M&P grip contours in the backstrap that steered me towards the XD line.

I realize that the Ruger Security-9 is a pre-cocked, double action rather than single action, but this seems to me to be more like a competitor to or replacement for the Security 9 given that the XDe was a single stack.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Caught my eye too-- I prefer striker fired and single action over double action.

Nonetheless, that's a pass for me, since it looks like it has those M&P grip contours in the backstrap that steered me towards the XD line.

I realize that the Ruger Security-9 is a pre-cocked, double action rather than single action, but this seems to me to be more like a competitor to or replacement for the Security 9 given that the XDe was a single stack.
I wasn't looking at it as a competitor but as a replacement.
I see some folks are upset the XDe disappeared so I thought this could fill that void.

I have no use for hammer guns myself other than 1911. I much prefer striker guns.

I carry double stack guns, I never understood the complaints about the minimal thickness difference.

The XDe is 1.0" the CSX is 1.12", or 3/25" difference.

That makes no sense to me to complain (not saying you, just gun owners in general) about such a minimal difference.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got one off of Gunbroker 6 months ago my second one sold the first one and regretted it. so I found another one and got it. but I did notice that the first one came in a hard case and came with one 7 rd magazine and two 6 rd magazines. the second one came in a soft case with just two magazines a 7 rd and a 6 rd. found some on Midwest Gun sight and picked up two

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well that didn't take long.
Interesting they terminated the XDE because I just noticed that Smith & Wesson just introduced a new handgun, the CSX that has an external hammer and looks just like the XDE. What to they know that SA doesnt?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts