Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Springfield XDe 9mm 3.8” pistol that ejects the casings straight back and into my face about 1/3 of the time. It is not fun when it goes down my shirt or into my glasses. I have tried with multiple types of ammunition. Attached is a couple photos of the ejector. It doesn’t appear broken in any way. Excuse the dirtyness, i know it needs to be cleaned but it has done this from factory as well as after cleaning.

Does anyone else’s do this?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Look at the ejector not necessarily the extractor. Check the end or point of it to see if it’s broken or bent. The tip should be slightly longer at the bottom and when looking down at it, it should angle slightly to the right. Take a case and slide it under the extractor and see how tight it fits. It should hold on to the case firm enough that you can’t shake it out. Also make sure that your not limp wristing it occasionally, that can change directions too.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have a Springfield XDe 9mm 3.8” pistol that ejects the casings straight back and into my face about 1/3 of the time. It is not fun when it goes down my shirt or into my glasses. I have tried with multiple types of ammunition. Attached is a couple photos of the ejector. It doesn’t appear broken in any way. Excuse the dirtyness, i know it needs to be cleaned but it has done this from factory as well as after cleaning.

View attachment 836592

View attachment 836593

Does anyone else’s do this?
You're showing pics of the extractor. The ejector is the long finger looking thingy that protrudes from the left side of the fire control housing in the frame. Both parts actually work together to control the casing as it's being removed from the pistol. Try posting a pic of the actual ejector.

Side note, does it do it with more than one magazine? How about different types/kinds of ammo?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts