Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Good looking gun. I'm about to pick up one just like it.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
I love my XD40sc very glad i bough it instead of an M&P.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm gonna have to pretend im 15 again (in this day and age) and say "It's BEAST"

·
Premium Member
21,119 Posts
the sub compact seem to run for a very long time , with out problems , its amazing the price you pay for the quality they are, many guys spend 3-4times the cost for a high end gub and have total problems

·
Registered
52 Posts
the sub compact seem to run for a very long time , with out problems , its amazing the price you pay for the quality they are, many guys spend 3-4times the cost for a high end gub and have total problems
It's funny, I took a weekend pistol class earlier this year and I'm not exaggerating when I say that 95% of the malfunctions were with 1911s and other fancier guns. But so many people are devoted to them! It reminds me of people who love their classic Camaro or Firebird... lots of fun when they're working well. But reliable? Not really. I don't want to get flamed by 1911 fans because they're really nice-looking guns with great triggers (and maybe I just wish I had the extra cash to get one), but I've got to believe that owning one is as much about nostalgia and image than rationality. The XDsc ain't the prettiest thing, but it's performance makes it look better and better every day. I used to think Honda Civics were kind of ugly until I drove one that had well over 100K miles and didn't have to much more than change oil.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It's funny, I took a weekend pistol class earlier this year and I'm not exaggerating when I say that 95% of the malfunctions were with 1911s and other fancier guns. But so many people are devoted to them! It reminds me of people who love their classic Camaro or Firebird... lots of fun when they're working well. But reliable? Not really. I don't want to get flamed by 1911 fans because they're really nice-looking guns with great triggers (and maybe I just wish I had the extra cash to get one), but I've got to believe that owning one is as much about nostalgia and image than rationality. The XDsc ain't the prettiest thing, but it's performance makes it look better and better every day. I used to think Honda Civics were kind of ugly until I drove one that had well over 100K miles and didn't have to much more than change oil.
Yes many people love their 1911s, me included, but very few are totally reliable with out some additional work being done to them. But 1911s are like Harleys with all their faults once you shoot one you just have to own one. :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Zero failures after thousands of rounds is pretty good IMHO. I am definitely sold on the XD. I just wish I was accurate as it is.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Hey gang, where can I get the finger extension for my XD-9SC 10 round mag?
Cheaperthandirt.com....somewhere around $10....

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
How did you get the XD9 colored in red? I like that and want to do the same. Thanks for any info

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
A couple of my buddies used crayons. one tried automotive paint pen and it turned out fairly well.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
I have also witnessed shooting classes where the most expensive 1911's are jamming way too often.

However, in the next (more advance class), all of those same guns were running perfectly because the owners got them finished by a gunsmith. Most of them said they had no idea their guns were this unreliable until they shot them under the pressure of a class.

The only Glock I ever saw have problems was so dirty and dry the instructor made the student clean it over lunch.... he didn't know how to take it apart so he just never cleaned it. I wish I had a picture, you'd never believe how bad it was.

XDs? Jamming? NO! NO! NO!
where is the kool aid?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts