Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY got around to taking some pics and hosting them. Click the thumbnails to go to a larger pic. Enjoy!

WEAPONS:
Here's my XD-9 3" Sub-Compact w/ XML & .40 S&W Mags that I use for daily carry duty.

And here's my XD-40 4" Bi-Tone w/ Don's GR & Wolff 22# Spring.

My 3 1/2" shell Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag w/ camo sling, side saddle, side saddle tac-light kit.

Here's the Mossy w/ the rest of the gang & Jake - my trusty alert pit. He's no good for anything other than letting me know a burgler is in the house and for ME to go get him. Wimp. :lol:

And my latest addition, my Ruger 10/22 w/ stainless barrel & Bushnell 3-9x32 Sharpshooter scope.

Here's my Kershaw/Ken Onion "Blur" blade I carry w/ me EVERYWHERE! Very handy, smooth operating, and very sharp knife. Recommend it to anyone.

HOLSTERS:
IWB Highnoon "Hidden Ally" holster for my XDSC. No cant, straight drop. Very comfortable. Inexpensive ($35 bux). Very concealable w/ the 'tuckable' design. Black Cowhide Leather. Designed for the XDSC but my XD40 fits perfectly as well.

And for my XD40 4" Service, I use a Cendex Taylor Nighthawk kydex belt holster. No cant, straight drop. Comfortable, thin, and very high quality.

Here are both of the guns holstered....

RANGE BAGS:
Here is my $15 dollar "Field and Stream" rugged nylon range bag from Gart Sports. It's not 'technically' a quote unquote "RANGE BAG" but it does the job and is very nice for the money. What can I say, they were on sale so grabbed a couple! Nice big front pocket w/ lots of room for all my misc. stuff (patches, speed loader, bore cleaner, holsters, etc.), large side pockets (I use one for eyes & ears, the other for a pistol rug), and a really open main storage area for all my ammo, cleaning kit, iShot Range Rug etc.

Now some pics of my iShot Range Rug from Old School @ http://www.PistolGear.com - Absolutely LOVE this handy bag. If you don't have one, get one. As you can see, there is plenty of room for your piece, some ammo, and lots of spare mags!

Anyway, that's about it for now. Hope you like!

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
THat bag doesnt look like my I shot. Looks like fishing tackle box (hence thew field and stream???) Whats the deal

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NExd said:
THat bag doesnt look like my I shot. Looks like fishing tackle box (hence thew field and stream???) Whats the deal
Heh heh, no - just the iShot Range Rug (below the pics of my range bag) is made by iShot. The Range Bag itself is made by some other company (not even sure who) but has the "Field & Stream" on it. Sorry for the confusion. :oops:

P.S. I just updated my original post. Should be clear now. :lol:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ajamesp51 said:
How do you like that extreme shock ammo?
I dig it. Thought it was all 'snake oil' till I literally EXPLODED a pumpkin this past Halloween! :twisted:

Shot one w/ a regular ol' WWB FMJ - Moderate damage. Nothing to write home about.

Shot another w/ a Speer Gold Dot JHP - More damage on exit. Impressive.

Shot the last w/ the Extreme Shock - BLEW THE DAMN THING APART!

Wish I had took pics of that but didn't have my camera w/ us that day. Maybe next time.

I ran 20 threw my XDSC to make sure she could digest them w/o issue. Now that's my carry ammo. Plus you don't get a lot of crazy penetration if you miss a soft tissue target. In other words, if I miss, hit the ground, or a wall - I won't have to worry as much about ricochets or over penetration into a bystander in their house! Cool stuff but spendy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts