Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I decided to install my own sights for my xd9sc . wow is all I can say. I first used a sight pusher in which I stripped the screw so it was a no go . I end up selling the sight pusher and decided that I would not quit . I bought a metal punch and c-clamp and I'm proud of myself for gun smiting my own xd9 which was a son of a bitch. if i can do it then anyone can do it just take your time and you will have success..well here are pictures of my new sights.....

oh and by the way bought these sight used for $36 bucks shipped .

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx.... There very bright in the dark... so for it being used they sure are he'll a nice vs stock sights....

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
what year are they?.......I tried some nite sights.....good at nite.....sucks for my eyes during the day though
These are TFO sights. Tritium/fiber optic. That means they glow in daylight or at night. Best of both worlds. The year does matter, since I believe the half life of tritium is about 5 years (they'll be half as bright as when new). Personally, I wouldn't buy used tritium sights.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are TFO sights. Tritium/fiber optic. That means they glow in daylight or at night. Best of both worlds. The year does matter, since I believe the half life of tritium is about 5 years (they'll be half as bright as when new). Personally, I wouldn't buy used tritium sights.
this are not tfo ... There only tritium ... for being a used item they sure do glow bright so I believe they are 2013 or newer model....

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
+1 for James. Had him do my XDm 4.5 with TFO's. Love the sights and he did a great job with quick turn around.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I never fail at when I put my mind to it... yea you can send your slide to James but you can also have the satisfaction of knowing you did the unthinkable and pat yourself on the back...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I never fail at when I put my mind to it... yea you can send your slide to James but you can also have the satisfaction of knowing you did the unthinkable and pat yourself on the back...
A quickly dying American trait... good for you I say. Well done!

·
Registered
216 Posts
The correct sight pusher is only $60. I have an xdm45 4.5", xds, and xdm40 5.25". Installing the TFO'S on the 45 and the xds were a piece of cake. Having the correct tools is the most important part.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice work. No offense to James but he isnt the only option when it comes to sights. I personally will send my slide to him but my hat's off to you for doing it yourself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts