Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$500.00 black XD9SC brand spanking new with XD gear package.Private party decided to fund a rifle decided to sell pistol. Says they run $550.00 retail

Good deal yah or nay ?

Not a "XDM"

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
You can get them for about 500 at online sites like Bud's. So 500 is not a great deal per se but if you don't have to pay shipping or taxes or FFL fees (depending on your local laws) it may very well still be worth it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Buds has them right now for $446, with the xd gear. I bought a XD40 from them a couple of weeks ago and ordered a XD45C last week, they are great. I pay a $25 FFL fee and $5 shipping insurance, total price for me would be $476, brand new. So it would depend on FFL fees in your area and what shipping insurance (if you want that) would be for you.

Just go to www.budsgunshop.com and search for "xd9801"

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
$500.00 black XD9SC brand spanking new with XD gear package.Private party decided to fund a rifle decided to sell pistol. Says they run $550.00 retail

Good deal yah or nay ?

Not a "XDM"

That's a great deal!

For him.

It's a 400 cash gun.

If Bud's has them at $446 (including SHIPPING!!), the local pawn shop only charges 30 bucks for a handgun transfer, so that would be $476 for a brand spanking new gun!

Plus SA warrants the gun for life -- of the ORIGINAL purchaser. Yeah, they currently will cover other owners, but they don't have to.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've bought many a gun from buds and would much rather pay 450 + a 25 FFL transfer fee for a gun I KNOW is brand new. I'de offer him 425 cash, if he doesn't take it I'de walk away.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I got mine for 450 plus 10 for the transfer fee.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I agree with the above. I would go as high as $425 cash. Otherwise I would spend just a little extra and get a guaranteed and warranted new one from Buds. Regardless of what they have invested in the handgun... $425 is a $25 difference from what they routinely sell for online so I would consider that extremely fair.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Looks like $447 with free shipping and no credit card up-charge from JetGuns.

There's no way I'd pay a private individual advertising a gun as NIB $500 for an XD9SC in all black.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great advice gents! I asked him for a better price we will see..

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Great advice gents! I asked him for a better price we will see..
Sometimes it helps to provide objective data like what online retailers are selling for. Other times, the seller simply paid too much for their gun and they can't get past that and let the gun go at a fair price.

Did he say why he didn't ever shoot the gun? :?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wouldn't budge a nickle...I think I'm going to hit up buds once I check with a friend for transfer help.

Mud, he was also selling a new sig 9mm for $440.00...Said he was financing another project rifle.. Nice enough gent.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Wouldn't budge a nickle...I think I'm going to hit up buds once I check with a friend for transfer help.

Mud, he was also selling a new sig 9mm for $440.00...Said he was financing another project rifle.. Nice enough gent.
Which SIG? If that's a 2022, they're $383 at JetGuns. :lol: I recently bought a P226 in .40 S&W with the DAK trigger and night sights for $440 shipped with two 12 round mags. If that's what he's selling I'd snatch it up.

I'm not saying he's a bad guy ... just that he most likely overpaid for his guns and can't get over the fact.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Which SIG? If that's a 2022, they're $383 at JetGuns. :lol: I recently bought a P226 in .40 S&W with the DAK trigger and night sights for $440 shipped with two 12 round mags. If that's what he's selling I'd snatch it up.

I'm not saying he's a bad guy ... just that he most likely overpaid for his guns and can't get over the fact.
Was the P226 new or used? And where did you get it from?

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
The sad thing about the used gun listing for $500 is that he will probably get it. As the saying goes, there's one born every minute.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts