Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read on here where people have taken the SC40 mags and bent the tabs a bit to make those mags hold 15 9mm rounds. I was wondering if this was really accurate and if there were any problems with the springs in the 40 mags. I was also wondering if anyone has tried to shorten the springs in the 9mm mags just a bit to get a few more rounds in there without having feeding issues from not enough spring. I know you can get hicap mags now for the SC I was just thinking about messing around with the factory mags. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks Chris

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I have read on here where people have taken the SC40 mags and bent the tabs a bit to make those mags hold 15 9mm rounds. I was wondering if this was really accurate and if there were any problems with the springs in the 40 mags.
Yes it works, I'm unsure about the 15rds, I'm not into the SC "groove" yet, but being reliable...yes.

My view on messing with magazine springs is if you have the money to risk screwing them up, then just buy the newer hicaps...that way no risk of screwing them up and you end up having twice the mags.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll have to pick up a 40 mag and try it out. I see your from Ironton, don't hear of many people from down there. I have some family down there. Know any Wilds? Thanks Chris

·
Registered
231 Posts
Chris,
I use the 40SC mags in my 9SC. They hold 13 rounds of 9mm. I needed to adjust the feed lips for reliable feeding, others didn't. YMMV.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes it does work and it is easy to do. It doesn't hold 15, I think it holds 12-13. There was a diagram somewhere of how to do it, but I do not remember where. You could do a search for it, but if you can't find it email me and I'll email you a copy of it when I get home.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll do a search but if you could find that that would be great. I'll send you an email later if I haven't heard different. Thanks Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wilds said:
I have read on here where people have taken the SC40 mags and bent the tabs a bit to make those mags hold 15 9mm rounds. I was wondering if this was really accurate and if there were any problems with the springs in the 40 mags. I was also wondering if anyone has tried to shorten the springs in the 9mm mags just a bit to get a few more rounds in there without having feeding issues from not enough spring. I know you can get hicap mags now for the SC I was just thinking about messing around with the factory mags. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks Chris
They now make high capacity mags for XD's. Do a search or contact your local gun store to order them. I picked up 3 for under $35 each.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Springfield does not make (nor do the plan to make) a Hi-cap magazine for the XD-9 Subby. All they've done is take a regular 9mm magazine and make a grip/space filler for the part of the mag that extends out the bottom of the subby grip.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Springfield is HI cap mags in those states not run by the Dem's for $23.95. Quality is great and I bought 5. Wanted some easter presents to Hillary, Chuckies S and eastern goof balls :twisted:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts