Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a XD9SC in Black with Meps to add to the Collection.

Problem. When the Magazine is fully loaded with 10 rounds, something is rattling inside. Remove one round and it doesn't do it. Both mags have the same problem. Took them both apart, didn't notice any problem. Reloaded them both, same thing. 10 rounds it rattles, 9 rounds it doesn't. Don't know if it matters, but I'm loading it with 135gr Federal Hydrashock.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
298 Posts
My SC mags rattle too, but a little different. When i load a full 10 into the magazine it doesn't rattle. When I insert it into the gun and take it out, it rattles. It doesn't rattle before you put the magazine into the gun or while its in the gun, just when you put it in and take it out. It sounds like the spring is getting hung up but there is still positive tension. I tested fired it after hearing the rattles and it worked fine. Maybe the spring is just getting broken in?

I have Pierce extension grips but don't know if they are the cause of the problem as I didn't check for rattles before I put them on.

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have never had this happen on my 10 round mags.. however, I just purchased two new 15 round mags and they both do it. I haven't test fired the new mags, so I'm not sure if it will cause feed problems. Even if they end up feeding fine, I'm not happy.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have had a Taurus PT111 that also had the magazine rattles. I have seen other brands of double stacks rattle as well. Certainly nothing I would lose sleep over.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the Pearce Grip extensions also, but have had the problem with and without. If it's a normal thing I won't worry too much about it. I'll try it this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts