Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to take my new XD9SC to the range today and put a couple of hundred rounds through it.

I didn't do any cleaning out of the box.. just took it to the range as-is and it performed flawlessly. I did, of course, baby it when I got home.

I noticed that accuracy is just as good, if not better, than my XD9 Service. at 3 and 7 yards I was easily shooting the center out of a silhouette. At 15 yards I seemed to be shooting high and left pretty consistently. I do not have a rest, so it was probably me.

I did notice that the SC is a bit louder than the service, and that double taps are a lot harder to achieve for me. I'm not great at double taps with the service model, but FAR worse with the SC. I guess it just takes time with the new weapon.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for a little write up with the XD9SC vs XD9...I'm wanting to do the same. I'm looking to get the XD9SC instead of the XD9...want it for more conceal carry, even though I love my XD9.

Can you share any other differences between the two besides for the sound? Thanks and congrats!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the muzzle flip is more severe but thats to be expected. Other than that, it shoots the same as the service and feels great in my hands with a pearce grip extension.

I've been carrying it concealed since I posted the original message, and it does conceal easier. The shorter grip is much easier to conceal even with the pearce extension, which is far bigger than I thought it would be. I've been carrying it in the Don Hume 715 that I bought for my service and it fits perfectly. I really am looking forward to getting a shorter holster though, losing an inch off of the end of the holster will definitely make it more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Glad to hear you like the way it shoots...just got one myself and like you really like the accuracy. Also glad (???) to hear you think it is louder than the service model. When I posted that I didn't get many that agreed. Your statement validated mine at least to me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it definitely seemed louder to me, but only a little.

Something just occurred to me though. The added perceived recoil from a 3" barrel could be causing me to "think" that its louder.

I will ask someone at the range to listen to both guns next time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
good info from all...thanks, now if I could just find someone to buy my XD9 service, then I would be all in!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts