Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my xd9sc i was wondering if there is any ammo that the gun has a problem with or if it eats anything you give it? And if so what kind of ammo does it have trouble with

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I have not found anything yet that mine won't shoot but I can tell you that the steel cased TULA won't LOAD as easy as brass cased ammo. With that I mean loading it into the mags. It seems like a strange thing to me.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Mine seems to function no matter what I used.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Tula I've had a few FTF. That was out of only 50 rounds. Flawless with WWB. About 300. Don't ask me why I've stuck with. Just what I saw st Wally world for the cheapest except for Tula.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have used anything on sale or the cheapest in stock that day. The only time the gun never went bang was when the magazine was empty and i did not notice it locked back

·
Registered
29,893 Posts
For range use, anything that will go bang. Your gun may like something that somebudy else's had problems with, and vice-versa. Defensive ammo is a bot more in depth, but it still comes down to the same thing in the end.

Seriously--why not just buy some ammo and shoot it? If you have an issue, well, then you know not to buy that ammo again...

Makes me wonder if people go onto car forums and ask which brand of gas is best for their car...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thanks guys. And cuda sry didnt meen to upset you just dont wanna spend money on the something that dont work. When u guys could help me out ahead a time.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I'm sure Cudda wasn't upset it's just that each pistol is unique and what works in one doesn't mean it will work with all.

·
Registered
29,893 Posts
Nope; not upset.

But this question has been asked, literally, hundreds of times in this forum alone...and I bet I'm low on my estimate.

Like I said--if you just bought a new car, would you go to that forum and ask what brand of fuel to use?

Buy ammo, shoot it, and see for yourself. Persoanlly, there's only one brand of ammo I've ever had issues with, and most people haven't...so there's no good reason to say you shouldn't use it.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I've shot primarily WWB, but I've also gone through Wolf and some reloads we got a while back. Everything fed. Everything ejected. And everything went boom. YMMV

·
Registered
83 Posts
Shot just about everything off the shelf and everything that I can reload. The only bullets that just would not feed were experimental loads that some dummy (ME) tried to download just too much! Every XD I have has been great with everything I have tried. Shoot more and enjoy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again guys for all the inout. And cuda that was good advice i did what u said and while shooting and having a blast i shot and tested prolly 20 different box's of ammo.

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
103 Posts
Every gun is different ! Some will shoot great with one brand, another gun of the same make and style will have problems with the same brand. Always break a gun in with FMJ ammo. Once broken in it will handle the hollow points a lot easier.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Nope; not upset.

But this question has been asked, literally, hundreds of times in this forum alone...and I bet I'm low on my estimate.

Like I said--if you just bought a new car, would you go to that forum and ask what brand of fuel to use?

Buy ammo, shoot it, and see for yourself. Persoanlly, there's only one brand of ammo I've ever had issues with, and most people haven't...so there's no good reason to say you shouldn't use it.

I only use 91oct. I read the manual.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts