Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am new to the forums I am giving serious consideration to buying a XD9301HC for a CCW my other choice is a Glock 19 my questions is how well do these XD9's shoot any FTF or FTE problems is the warrenty service from Springfield good or bad ?

The main issue I have with the XD is the grip saftey have any of you had a issue with this, does it cause extra grit build up with a open grip ?

I am assuming the accuracy is good and what defence ammo are you pumping trough it at how many yards and how tight are your groupings ?

Is the felt recoil the same as most 9's or is there a diffrence ?

In short does this pistol compare to a G19 that I know and love and could shoot and strip in my sleep :)

Thanks for all the help and sorry about all the questions.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
A simple question. Which do you shoot best? You will find that the grip-safety has no impact on your or the gun. As for the warranty, like all warranties, they are as good as the company that stands behind them. So far, I think SA has been pretty good about fixing items covered by warranty.

Finally, owning a 9mm in both the Service and Tactical variety, I would say the failures have been minimal, mostly caused by bad ammo or me hitting the slide-release during practice.

Personally, I shoot the XD much better than the Glock. In the end, it should be what is best for you. Either way, the decision is a good one that you will be happy with.

Old School

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shoot both very well I am mainly fishing for any issue you all may have to be honest I like a XD a lil bit more then the G19 for a few reasons

#1 the lack of finger groves on the XD is a plus IMO

#2 The slimmer grip is niiice :)

#3 Stainless steal need I say more ? :D

#4 the $75.00 savings over a G19 and the fact this is taking into account a stainless XD verses a non stainless Glock.

#5 Lifetime warranty.

Heck I think I just talked myself into it LOL :)

How well does the XD handle a hefty diet of hot loads ?

I hate shooting wimpy ammo.

Before I forget to whom ever owns this forum I would like to say I like what you have done with the place :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Forsaken said:

Hot loads are not a problem. I'd suggest you take an XD apart and look at the structures inside, particularly the locking block in the frame. The XD's an f-ing beast! I mean that in the most complimentary of terms. I switched over to XD's and never looked back. The only thing that makes me a little nostalgic for Glock is the box full of holsters I had for the various Glocks I've owned in the past.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bcphoenix said:
Forsaken said:

Hot loads are not a problem. I'd suggest you take an XD apart and look at the structures inside, particularly the locking block in the frame. The XD's an f-ing beast! I mean that in the most complimentary of terms. I switched over to XD's and never looked back. The only thing that makes me a little nostalgic for Glock is the box full of holsters I had for the various Glocks I've owned in the past.
Cool cool thanks all :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts