Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i shoot just about any factory ammo i wish? i went to wally world and bought up 500 rounds of pmc 115gr but didnt think about if it might have some recoil issues (lack of). also, how is the pmc ammo? got 250 rounds so far in my new xd9 and loving it. one more question, besides for the obvious barrel and slide lenght what is different on the inside of the 5 inch tac and 4 in service? thanks.

·
Registered
580 Posts
from the general interpretation...these guns will chew through just about anything. IF in the rare case yours hiccups, PLEASE let us know.

i don't think there is anything different on the inside. i'm not the authority though...so standby for an update.

have fun with it!! :-D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well from looking at pics so far i can see the service has a captive rod and the tac does not. i do not know the pros/cons of either.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
You guys covered all the bases. Different recoil spring, added slide and barrel length. No flakes of gold or microchips 8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
From what I read about the tactical the guide rod is the same length as the 1911 and you can use the springs for standard M1911's in it.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
KY Hunter said:
From what I read about the tactical the guide rod is the same length as the 1911 and you can use the springs for standard M1911's in it.
Correct, however if you install a spring less than 18 pounds, you start getting into an unreliable situation. In my testing, 18#s is the lowest you want to go, to be 100%. That said, I know guys are running with lighter springs.

Old School

1 - 7 of 7 Posts