Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have hard time deciding between a xd9 tactical our a glock 34 for my ipsc gun. I currently do not own any glocks. I really like the xd but as for as upgrades go upgrading XD's seem more of a task compared to a glock. As for warranty purposes as well I would like to upgrade threw SA.

I have a hard time deciding now because Glocks seem to be more mod friendly for me also spare slides and parts are abundance. I have friend who is a glock armorer who is willing to give me a hand, he also willing to give me parts. Getting service will be easy since he lives near me. I shot his gun a few times and I am able to perform far more superior with it compared to my current gun i use which is a stock xd9service. His gun has a trigger upgrade/spring upgrade and fiber optic sights.

I am thinking a xd9 tactical with similar mod's could bring me around this level of performance, but going that route will cost me a few hundred more compared to getting a glock 34 with the similar upgrades. All my buddies who compete are highly recommending the glock 34, they don't think much of a xd. I really like to like xd though i really like the gun and its features but i don't know what to do. I feel like a black sheep in the crowd, I also can't afford both and need better performance.

If anyone could give me some insight it would be very appreciated.

And XDM is not a option.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I just bought a Glock 34 and is easily my most accurate gun, IMHO. I already have a XDM and investing on a XD didn't make sense (can't use the same mags). The Glock 34 also feels lighter, even compared to my XDM-9 compact and did I say accurate?

I bought mine with the fiber optic already installed. Stock, it already has a 3.5 lb trigger, enhanced slide lock and extended mag release. My XDM has a 6 lb trigger (I suspect the XD would be the same).

This might help too:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I went with the glock 34 because easy modding and good comp performance. I really wanted to go the xd route but the glock seemed easier and cheaper to bring up its performance. Still love my XD for defense/combat gun. Also SA turn around time is 8 weeks out and I couldn't wait that long. I'm going to start with a 2.5lb trigger/short instant reset and dawson fiber optic sights.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow my shooting has drastically improved from going from the xd9 to the glock34. I am able to hit a 6 inch target at 75feet with ease now. I still love my xd as a defense/plinking gun.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Glock hands down..
Has a better stock trigger than the XD or XDm..

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Neither; M&P 9 Pro.

·
Premium Member
127,407 Posts
I faced a similar decision a few years ago. The Glock 34 is a great pistol, but I went with the XD9 Tactical. I sent it to www.springerprecision.com for a competition upgrade...trigger job, Bar-Sto stainless match barrel, barstock trigger bar, extended mag release, TruGlo TFO sights, etc. It cost me a little over $500, but it was worth it, IMO.

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
Neither; M&P 9 Pro.
It's becoming a popular brand in the USPSA world. I've seen folks selling/trading their XD's and G34's for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts