Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am in the middle of a Tactical Shooting Academy class and my usual carry 1911 went down and the instructer lent me an XD9 Tactical 5" and I immediately fell in live at first shot. I am having the best scores I have had in my life. I was so impressed that after that day I went to a local shop and bought one to finish the class with this week.
This one problem is after the last round is fired the slide does not lock back. Does anyone have any suggestion?
Thankyou. And what a great site you have here. I'm learning a lot.
Albert

Don asked me to put this here as I had this in his guide rod forum also. Its not the mags. The are new(5) and engage the stop manually with no play. I am not riding the stop so thats out. It happens with every mag every time, not intermittenly. My feeling is the recoil spring is too heavy and cycles enough to eject and chamber but not enough to lock back
Any opinions from the experts here?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Easy enough to check, just replace the spring with a lighter one. Standard 1911 springs work fine. But, somehow, I doubt this is the problem.

When you hand cycle the slide with an empty magazine inserted, does the slide lock back?

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Albert, try shooting the pistol left handed, put 3 rounds in every mag to check function. And also insert an empty mag and pull the slide back does it lock like that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The gun and 5 mags were new. It happens 100% of the time. You can lock slide back manually with empty mag inserted. The followers are in good contact with the slide stop when empty. It seems as though it is short cycling enough to eject the spent round, strip the next from the mag but not far enough to back to engage the stop when its the last round.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The gun is new, factory spring weight. I'm guessing thats 18-20? Ammo was WW white box 115gr fmj and Federeal 124gr fmj Am.Eagle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts