Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range today after work for it's second outing and shot 4 rounds and chatted with the dude in the lane next to me and my 30min was up fast. I always sucked at shooting pistols, but me and this XD are getting along great. I love this gun and can't wait to get to shoot it again. :mrgreen: I'm sure you all read these stories everyday, but I am tickled to death with this thing.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
"I always sucked at shooting pistols..."

I think you found what works! Those are some good looking targets.

·
Premium Member
127,768 Posts
That's some great shooting.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Distance was 7yds - maybe a little weak, but that's where I have started to get a good feeling for shooting pistols and guns again in general. That's all I have shot it at so far. I may stretch it out to 15yds next time I go to the range. Depends on how busy it is. The second target above - there was a guy to the left of me firing what sounded like a cannon, but was prob just a 9mm like mine, just different accoustics because I was beside the gun instead of behind it, but it was wrecking my concentration. I guess one needs to be conditioned to where that don't bother you, but i flinch everytime another gun goes bang when I am trying to shoot.

What distance do most of you shoot at when at the range?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I usually shoot at 7 yards but not nearly as well as you do. Sometimes i go out to about 16 or 17 yards but im not so hot from that far.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'll alternate anywhere from 5-10 yards. I concentrate more on the up close stuff as if I should ever need to use my gun, I'm guessing that's about the range it would be. I'd love to get into some competition shooting, but all I'd do is embarrass myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts