Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been an on and off project, for the last year, and I can now call it complete, and will not drop any more money on it.
Experimented with 5 different sight setups, including an expensive, and much hated Docter red dot setup, I finally settled on Trijicon's new HD sights, while not clearing the suppressor, work best in the widest array of usage for me. Played with various recoil spring rates, as at first the slide was opening too early with the suppressor, and I was getting a lot of blow back in my face, and too a lot of port noise. #20 seems best, and it still allows to function flawlessly with or without a suppressor. Then I went through 5 different cases, never liking what I got. So finally, I just bought a SKB for $100, and did the insert myself, getting white foam from hobby lobby, cutting it out, then painting with fabic paint, and applying glue where need be, I'm now very happy.

By the way, some 2500rds mostly suppressed, rarely clean, and often with nearly no oil, and only 2 failure to feeds, to which I blamed on newly installed recoil springs, that hadn't been broken in yet.

Anyways, here it is:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Looks sweet! How big is the investment on top of the price of the gun?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not counting the gun, and all the stuff I bought and didn't stick with, roughly $1400 I would guess.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
good question n how much cause while i was reading that was the one thing that comes to mind...one of these years many many moons from now i want to do this....

also want to do a SBR with a can on it...

thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
127,710 Posts
A tactical light and a sound suppressor just don't seem to go together, IMHO.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A tactical light and a sound suppressor just don't seem to go together, IMHO.
I just wanted to have some modularity, I don't typically install the light and suppressor at the same time, however, the possible need for a light remains the same regardless if you're suppressed or not. Additionally, this is merely a project gun, while I wanted to keep it legit, and not tacticool it out, I'm still not conducting spec-ops with it, but simply raiding a gun range or two.

whats the little silver rod in the first pic and the little round thing in the top corner?
The silver rod thing, is just something that I didn't notice was there during the picture, in the case, that's a quarter to tighten the light, and the round thing is an extra battery.

·
Premium Member
127,710 Posts
I just wanted to have some modularity, I don't typically install the light and suppressor at the same time, however, the possible need for a light remains the same regardless if you're suppressed or not.

That's what I thought. My team used suppessed weapons and our goal was never to be detected.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Nice set-up...:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts