Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Range report. Sunday morning, I managed to sneak away for a little while to shoot before spending the rest of the day doing more mundane stuff with the family.

The pistol: XD9 Sub.
The ammo: Federal Premium 147 grain Hydra Shocks
The distance: 7 yards
The results of the first 2 mags:

:)

I also shot 10 & 15 yards with similar results at 10 yards. Pattern opened up a bit at 15.

No FTF or FTE's in 100 rounds. I love my subby!

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I don't remember which thread it was, but earlier just today I had written that the XD9 Subcampact was more accurate than it seems it would have a right to be (or words to that effect).

A while back I had posted a range report on one of the 1911 boards when I changed to an adjustable sight on my .45 from a fixed sight.

I used a rest (not a very steady one...just an ammo box on top of a couple of pistol rugs to get the gun up off the bench which is too low to shoot from).

While there I tried the Subcompact at 50 feet....a distance I never really shoot the Sub at. Also it was the first time I had ever shot the Sub from a rest.

Here's what I did with five rounds from 50 feet. Pretty impressive IMO for a gun with a 3 inch barrel (sorry the pic is so blurry):

Three bullets into one hole. Even the "flier" is only two inches from center. And it wasn't the gun that was off...it was me.

And no, I can't do anything like that off hand. From 7 yards, yes. 17 yards no. But I'm working on it. Too bad it's been too hot to shoot for the past two months. A winter sport for sure down here.

Peace,
Dl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts