Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum. I recently bought my first gun an xd9 4" and I am loving it. It is an awesome gun to shoot and I love the way it fits my hand. But at the time I was buying it I opted to get the black slide, and now I that I have seen a buddy's two tone, I want a shiny slide. I tried looking around to buy a stainless steel slide for my gun, but no one, not even SA seems to sell slides. Do I have to buy another gun just to get the Stainless Steel, or does any one know where I can buy the shiny slide from?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
You can't buy just a slide. You can sell yours and buy a new bi-tone XD. Or, you could have your slide refinished. There are a lot of options out there for refinishing, just do some searches...

BTW, welcome to XDTalk! :)

·
Registered
815 Posts
seeing as how resale value of XD's kinda sucks and u just got urs, selling it isnt a good option. U wouild be throwing away money! id opt for a refinish. duracote hard chrome or something like that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys. I checked out Duracote. wow, I had no idea that I could do so many colors and variations with the slide. For now I think I will concentrate on just using my gun and becoming a better shot. I am sure no matter how careful I am, I will eventually put a lot of idiots marks and scratches on it. This is my first gun, so I guess just like my first car, it will take a little bit of abuse at my hands before I can become proficient. Once I feel comfortable enough that I can take it apart, clean it, put it together and shoot it without ruining the finish, I can have my baby chromed out and it will be like I am getting a new gun. Now that I know it can be done, I feel a heck of a lot better.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have a XD9SC in Black...someday I start liking the bi-tone..somebody recommend me this place. www.customizedcreationz.com so I decided to do it, sent the slide last week to refinish it in hard chrome and the barrel in cerakote black,,,waiting to see how it turns back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts