Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. I would like to build a battle belt eventually and the Safariland holsters seem pretty popular plus I like the ALS/thumb release. Does anyone here actually have one with a light option for the XD9? Better yet, does anyone with an XD9 have any Safariland OWB holster?

Their website is very strange. I'll put in my exact gun and it'll give me some holster options but once I click into one, it'll say that it doesn't support lights. Another strange thing I notice is if I pick the XD40 it'll give me more holster options.. go figure. My understanding is they are the exact same size.

Also does anyone know if they have an option for red dot as well? Can't seem to find one on their site either. Not that I have one, but maybe one day... I just hate how the XD just doesn't get as much love as Glocks as far as accessories go. It's sad really.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Sorry.. the website actually says it doesn't support "optics" and not "light" like I originally posted. So I answered my last question and doesn't allow RDS. Looks like they do have light options though but for the XD40?? Aren't they the same size?

I'm mainly looking at the Safariland ALS 6360 duty holster.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Yes their website sucks! Yours should be the same. I know when I finally figured it out they ended up being called, Wide Regular or Wide Long. This was for the 578 model and they fit everything I have from 9mm to 45 acp from 3.8 bbl to 5.25, just different lengths. They probably lose more sales just from the crappy listings and multiple numbers/definitions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you say mine should be the same size.. you're referring to the XD9 and the XD40 being the same size? Yeah their website is terrible! The options for both guns are completely different. Very odd.

I guess it's best to pick the XD40 on Safariland's website since it'll have more options for lights and holsters. Btw, how do you like 578? Are you running any lights with that or any RDS?

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I think you are on the right track for the holster for a "battle belt" set up. I have two. And will agree that their website does suck.

I have one for an XDMc with paddle and ALS, no light. A full size XDM 4.5" .40 with a light and ALS, again paddle. I tried belt loops, but couldn't get the right ride / and the holster that I received for the 4.5" XDM wouldn't release at all..... had to return and went with the paddle again.

Quality made holsters.... once you can figure out which one you actually need. You would think these days a web site would be more user friendly. Good luck with the purchase, I think you will be happy with them once you get the right holster.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you are on the right track for the holster for a "battle belt" set up. I have two. And will agree that their website does suck.

I have one for an XDMc with paddle and ALS, no light. A full size XDM 4.5" .40 with a light and ALS, again paddle. I tried belt loops, but couldn't get the right ride / and the holster that I received for the 4.5" XDM wouldn't release at all..... had to return and went with the paddle again.

Quality made holsters.... once you can figure out which one you actually need. You would think these days a web site would be more user friendly. Good luck with the purchase, I think you will be happy with them once you get the right holster.
If I'm not mistaken, you're able to swap out the paddle for a UBL. The UBL comes in a couple different rides. Have you tried that setup?

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, you're able to swap out the paddle for a UBL. The UBL comes in a couple different rides. Have you tried that setup?
I think I am able to change the paddle for the loops or other mounting, but the paddle works just fine for me.... and limited use... (usually running an IWB). If I find a need, could explore more, but happy with the current set up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts