Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I finally made it through my first 500 rounds with the XD9 (4"). I've had zero FTFs, zero FTEs, and absolutely no problems at all. I shot my first ever IDPA match, and introduced 4 new shooters to centerfire handguns with this XD... in just over two weeks! I've fired 350 rounds of WWB 115s, 100 rounds of the Remington JHP 115s, and 50 rounds of the Double Tap 124 +P Gold Dot loads (I'll be shooting these for carry/HD).

I fired this group after doing some initial accuracy testing with all three loads this afternoon. I thought it was interesting... so I figured I'd post it. I thought it was cool that all the loads shot close enough to the same POA... that I couldn't tell the difference. For raw accuracy, the Rem. JHP load is the best out of this gun.

15 Shots @ 15 Yards:
5 - Winchester White Box 115gr.
5 - Remington JHP 115gr.
5 - Double Tap 124gr. +P Speer Gold Dot

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you have any problems in your neighborhood you can post that at the mailbox!That would pretty much insure nobody would ever be poking around the house unwanted.. Great shooting.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How'd you place in the match? Any other people shooting XD's at the match?
I don't even know... honestly, I didn't want to know. I was trying to shoot clean, but I could feel myself getting faster as the day went on. Eventually on the second to last stage I found out I could draw my weapon, fire 7 well aimed shots (all zero hits), on 3 targets (2 shots each) and a popper while retreating to cover... in under 9 seconds (I don't know if that's good, but it felt pretty cool to me... I was hooked. I'm telling you right now, IDPA is my new golf... I can't see myself walking around swinging a stick, when I could be firing 100 pistol rounds at 20-30 different targets... and running around with a loaded gun (in a safe way... you know).

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Wow! That is sweet! May I ask how long you have using a handgun? I bought my first 3 weeks ago. I'm up to 600 rounds, getting better, but nothing as sweet as that!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't owned a handgun in years... I shot a little IPSC 15 years ago, before it was a gun race. I've had the gun about 3 weeks also... but I've had it in my hands for at least 1/2 hour each day... I've drawn it and dry-fired it well over 1000 times. I watched a bunch of youtube IDPA videos... most of which were made by a guy I ended up shooting with at my first match... and they helped a lot too.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Nice shooting w/a great gun. I bought my son a XD9 as his first semi and he loves it. However it is now his second favorite gun since he got a XD45C for XMAS, from guess who? His dad.
Anybody out there want me to adopt them? :razz:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Nice shooting w/a great gun. I bought my son a XD9 as his first semi and he loves it. However it is now his second favorite gun since he got a XD45C for XMAS, from guess who? His dad.
Anybody out there want me to adopt them? :razz:
I'll adopt the XDs but you keep the kids. The XDs must move to my house.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you have any problems in your neighborhood you can post that at the mailbox!That would pretty much insure nobody would ever be poking around the house unwanted.. Great shooting.

I like to post mine up, both of my neighbors across the street are Security Forces in the Air Force. I love making fun of them about how crappy they shoot..I've been shooting with them both. They flat out suck at shooting with M9's .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts