Springfield XD Forum banner

XD9 Service or Tactical

• XD Service 9mm

• XD Tactical 9mm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Service XD-9. I already have the ultimate in tactical guns, a CZ-75. The Spetznatz, Seals and SAS are picky, and they use CZ-75s too.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
if you get the tactical, go ahead and get the .40, but if you are lookin for a 9mm, get the Service model, its a good range gun plus it could be carried instead of your sub if you ever feel like it.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I voted for the Tac9 (cause I have one).

I sure would like a sub and I don't mean from Quiznos :?

·
Registered
218 Posts
03RangerXLT said:
if you get the tactical, go ahead and get the .40, but if you are lookin for a 9mm, get the Service model, its a good range gun plus it could be carried instead of your sub if you ever feel like it.
if he's got a sub 9 why get a tac 40 for a range gun? more ammo to buy and more expensive.

it it was defensive i might be able to see the logic, but if it's mostly for the range then stick with 9.

i understand the tac 9 might be hard to find, but if that what you really are thinking about getting then hold out for it. its better to wait a while and get what you really want, than to get something that's availible.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've had 4 XDs so far. An XD9 Service with night sights, XD9 Tactical, and a XD40 Tactical. I just bought a bitone XD9 for CCW but I haven't shot it yet, and I have a bitone XD9 Subcompact on order. I'm currently carrying the XD9 service.

My Service XD9 has shot the best hands down. My XD40 Tactical shot well, but I traded it for a 9 Tactical with the idea that I would get the OD frame 40 Tactical later so that I could tell the guns apart at a glance. Unfortunately, my XD9 Tactical has been a disappointment. It shoots groups twice as large as the Service when shot side by side, AND it shoots about 5-6" above the front sight at 50-75 feet. I hope to trade the Tactical 9 for a subcompact in the near future. ALL of my XDs have been completely reliable, and I haven't had a single malfunction of any kind.

When I finally get around to getting the OD frame XD40 tactical, I may get a BarSto barrel in 9mm for it as a companion. I'm told the 9mm conversion barrels shoot to the same point of impact as the original 40 barrel. If this is true, the the 9mm/40 conversion will shoot MUCH better than the standard 9mm Tactical.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I also have a Tactical 9MM ,and i never looked back. I am very pleased with it. Its my Personal carry and my home defence. Ive put about 4-500
rnd's thru it with out a single glitch. To me , a well worth investment.

XD-Tactical 9MM Born on Date. 12/9/03 - as per Springfield Armory
Date of Purschase 12/23/03 - looks like Santa just picked it up for me during a fly by at Springfield Armory on his way here to Arizona :lol: ...LoL.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Parabellum9x19mm said:
if he's got a sub 9 why get a tac 40 for a range gun? more ammo to buy and more expensive.

it it was defensive i might be able to see the logic, but if it's mostly for the range then stick with 9.
yeah, good point.
I probably wrote that becasue I am partial to the .40 cause its what I have lol

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
All of the above.
+1

but if I had to choose (which I've done 4 times now) I'd have to go w/ the tac

1 - 17 of 17 Posts