Springfield XD Forum banner

XD9 Service "duty" holster choices?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  FIRERESCUEO2 
#1 ·
I'm looking for something not for "duty" purposes but I suspect it'll be the type of holster I'm wanting.

The purpose of the holster is for open carry, whether it be out shopping or just hiking in the hills. I already have a fobus I use for USPSA and I'm wanting something with some type of retention but not complicated, something like level 1, 2 at the most. The retention in the fobus just isn't enough for me, especially since its pretty loose/non-existant for faster & smoother drawing and I don't want to adjust the screw everytime I open carry.

The material the holster made of doesn't really concern me. I made the mistake of picking up one of those uncle mike ambidexterous thumb break ones and found out how total crap they are.

The cant I guess will be straight since I've never really looked into anything else. I'm also right handed in case that matters.

#2 ·
Get a new Fobus just for open carry, and tighten her up.

#3 ·
We're on page 6 of the Walmart manager nazi thread.

Long ago, if I was looking for someone "suspicious", before some of my views changed, I would look at someone with more of a holster with retention devices as someone who's responsible and trustworthy.

Someone using some plastic thing that barely covers the gun woulda made me run and tell a grown up...

Not putting down a fobus but just for public open carry, the idea of a rentention wouldn't make me be posing as a LEO but I'd look like one somewhat carrying something similar to what they could. (No I'm not trying to impersonate or claim to be one), just want the same type of gear w/o going completely overboard.

#7 ·
I've been looking for a true "duty" holster for Police work bc im going to the academy. If u are looking for a true duty holster then Safariland has a few w/ & w/ out lights. I carry concealed and open rt now with the same holster posted above. good for both. with the single retention thumb break ive yanked on it and it doesnt let go. Good Luck

#9 ·
If you're after a record ... I can tell you where the oldest thread is :p

#10 ·
Blackhawk SERPA CQC, all the way. Easy, comfortable, great for concealed or open and doesn't have the silly thumb break. Has a mechanical lever that locks onto the trigger guard and won't let go. Its made of kydex (plastic) but its damn tough. Comes with paddle attachment or you can use belt attachment for which ever you prefer. I prefer the paddle as it easier to adjust its position on my waist if I plan on getting into a car i can position it in a cross draw for quicker presentation.

blackhawk.com

Reactions: OLDSCHOOL240
#12 ·
Blackhawk SERPA CQC, all the way. Easy, comfortable, great for concealed or open and doesn't have the silly thumb break. Has a mechanical lever that locks onto the trigger guard and won't let go. Its made of kydex (plastic) but its damn tough. Comes with paddle attachment or you can use belt attachment for which ever you prefer. I prefer the paddle as it easier to adjust its position on my waist if I plan on getting into a car i can position it in a cross draw for quicker presentation.

blackhawk.com

Does Blackhawk make one that would fit the XDm .40 3.8" barrel (not the compact though)?

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.