Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is my first post as well, I've been lurking awhile now.

I can't resist asking how ya'll pack the xd9 sc , it is my first gun. Since then I got a ruger mark 3, a xd45 tactical and then my favorite, the xd 9 tactical. So I'm a bonna fide member! But how are you all carrying the xd9 sc?

I am leaning to a crossbreed supertuck, since I am a business type. Also, it should work with the other 2 xd's, but maybe not as well.
But really, I am liking the ultra compact Springfield 45 caliber 1911. The single stack might actually go out the door more, and man it fit's my hand well.

I used to be a anti gun proponent. I hated em. Till I caught a burglar running from my barking dog. We got home from a vacation a night early...... It changed my way of thinking. .....Bought the xd9 sc after trying every gun in the shop. Scared the hell outa me the first time I shot a gun, a 357 revolver. Then I found out how much fun it is to target shoot, here we go, just what I didn't need, a new hobby.

So that's my story!

How do I carry that xd 9 sc, then ? I have a Blackhawk Serpa, works well OC, and a couple cheap IWB, but for the sub compact, I like the kit Springfield that came with it about 4 O'clock, under a jacket. The Serpa works good for the 5 inch models, under something.

Guy let me try his AR 15 at he range Sunday- now that was cool!

So am I in?:lol:

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! Be very carefull or you will catch BRD!!!

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Welcome from Hoosier land!

I used to be a anti gun proponent. I hated em. Till I caught a burglar running from my barking dog. We got home from a vacation a night early...... It changed my way of thinking. .....
See, wisdom comes with experience!

But how are you all carrying the xd9 sc?

I am leaning to a crossbreed supertuck, since I am a business type.
I have a supertick that I've used quite a bit. But I never actually 'tucked' with it. I'm kind of a thinner guy and I'd print anytime I tried to tuck. Extremely comfortable though!

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Oh, I almost forgot, I'd also check in to Highnoon holsters. For the money, they're pretty hard to beat. Easy on and very affordable. I've had two Highnoon Bare Assets. When they're new, the gun needs to spend a little time in them to get them to form a little.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the world of hand gun shooting. I am always happy to hear of a person that used to be anti-gun changing his mind and what changed it for him. I am glad that it was not something tragic that turned you.

I have carried for many years and have had revolvers, 1911 pistols and now am carrying an XD45C. I have a Ruger LCP for a pocket gun but the XD is my primary go to weapon.

Like you I have been looking at some of the small compact single stack 45 pistols. I think I am going to try one out and if I do not get one, I have been thinking of the XD9SC also.

AR15, got two of them, one with a scope and one with an Eotech. Every American Business Man should own at least one AR15.

Again Welcome and have a lot of fun shooting.

·
Premium Member
127,089 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank's!

BRD = Big Rifle Disease? I think I have a twinge.

Couple quick questions and thoughts.

Do I really need self sefense ammo to stop a threat, or is a Wally Word White box 45acp 230 grain going to work in a dire emergency? It sure looks like it would stop me. And how about the 115 grain 9mm? From where I live, the White box is the best priced ammo, even better then Ammo to go.

I have a blast shooting the Ruger 22 as well, I am getting some great accuracy from this. I may put a scope on it, maybe a holographic. Would having someone site in this pistol help it's accuracy? It is pretty neat getting a Bullseye from 25 yards or so.I could probably get real good with that gun. I am thinking that if my accuracy is good with the 22, I will catch up pretty fast with the others. Biggest issue is my flinch, I am using snap caps to catch it with the 9 mm. Hitting low and left 50% or more of the time.

The Tennessee's look like great holsters as well. Appreciate the hello. I will look into them, my collection is growing.

Do the crossbreeds tuck well in a dress shirt? I think there are many options for OWB, but for really concealing, few. THe Ultra Compact 1911, seems like the best solution for me. The EMP model is to small, the micro as well. But the Ultra Compact seems like it places the trigger finger just right. That 45 ammo is expensive though. The xd 's seem like they are so fat, unless under a sportscoat, even then, they print. But they handle real real well, great safety features as well.

And thank's you all again. Lots of questions, I know.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Hello and welcome from Minnesota. The supertuck works well with a tucked shirt. I have used it with a Dress shirt, Golf shirt and T-shirt. I have been impressed with all applications. I am 5ft 11inches tall and have used the supertuck as I have been losing weight I started at 317lbs and am currently 213lbs. The supertuck has always fit well.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome to the forum from FL:grin: