Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....I've decided to get an XD9SC in stainless, however I have noticed that I have to use a 6 O'Clock sight picture to hit the bulls.

I'd like to change the sights some kind of way to where the front sight "dot" is where the impact of the bullet is supposed to be, like on Sigs.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
IMHO,Have you thought about trying out the gun before you go and change the sights. Most people here shot pretty well using factory sights.

·
Registered
102 Posts
After you purchase, and shoot, your new XD, and if you do find that you need to adjust the sights, there are some options for adjusting the point of impact. Sights from most Sigs will fit the dovetails of the XD, and CDNN sells what they call a "gunsmith's kit" for the Sigs, for the total of $14.99. With this set, you get several different front sights and several rear sights, which will allow you to change the point of impact just about any way you choose.

Hope this helps.

Fred

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree with the other guys - shoot the gun first and see how you like the sites. You'll probably be more accurate than you originally thought you were. When I first tried out the SC, I thought "I won't be able to hit the broad side of a barn with this little short barreled thing" - man, was I wrong. The SC is accurate and with the factory sights.

Speaking of Sig sights - I had to "learn" those sights. When I first got my P226, I couldn't shoot worth ****. At first I wanted to get rid of them and put something else on. After 200 rounds, I was putting the bullet exactly where I wanted it. I guess what I'm saying is that you have to learn to shoot the gun.

If you do want to change the sights I strongly suggest Heinie slant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts