Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew, a rank beginner was using it. it was a failure to extract. We had FMJ alumnum case Blazer in it.

Here's my question. Why did it jam? It was fairly dirty. I could see that the barrel ramp was coated with black dust, but again, this was not a failure to feed, it was failure to extract. Some at the range thought he might have limp-wristed it. Maybe, as he is just learning. I am surprised if that is that is the case, as I have held the gun pretty loosely in my hand occasionally while shooting and have never have never had a problem.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Can you reproduce the problem? If you can't then it the shooter... and I'd go with limp-wristing. Good luck finding out.

·
Registered
665 Posts
+1 on the limp wrist. If the grip isn't firm enough, the recoil won't push the slide all the way back, since the shooters hand goes with it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you reproduce the problem? If you can't then it the shooter... and I'd go with limp-wristing. Good luck finding out.
Good idea. I haven't tried it yet, as I was busy shootin my 625.

I think I'll leave the gun as is, dirty, and go shoot it today. Will report back.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not an SC, but when i got my XD9 i had 1 FTE in the first 100 rounds. I haven't had a single problem since, 600 down the range to date.

·
Registered
469 Posts
from the day i bought the gun brand new.

till this day with like 500+ shots

not one problem at all
everyone down the lane :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
The wife and I have put 300 rounds through our 9mm SC. We have used the cheapest WWB rounds from Wal-Mart. I clean my guns every time I go to the range. It might be a bit excessive, but I like my firearms clean. To this date we have had zero FTF or FTE. The gun has been nothing but a pleasure to shoot. Good luck with your issue.

·
Registered
469 Posts
+1... i never leave the range without my gun being cleaned.

i actually go inside with the gunsmith and watch him clean mine, its about 15 dollars so it doesnt hurt since i shoot maybe twice a month.

but while im carrying i like the satisfaction of knowing my gun is in prestine condition

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
More than likely the problem was limpwristing. Failure to eject is usually a limpwristing problem.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had the same problem. everybody said it was that weird thing that I don´t know who invented Limp--Wristing stupid thing...
until somebody told me I could be the magazine that present the round to high...He suggested that I should adjust the lips of the magazine, I did that tan the problem is gone..so no body want to say that it is the gun or the parts...
always the problem is going to be you..or limp-wristing stupiding thing..
good luck.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have had 3 maybe in my first 650 rounds. (service). not while I was using it but i still dont want it jamming. these were all in the first and sceond time that i shot it. not a problem since.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I had the same problem. everybody said it was that weird thing that I don´t know who invented Limp--Wristing stupid thing...
until somebody told me I could be the magazine that present the round to high...He suggested that I should adjust the lips of the magazine, I did that tan the problem is gone..so no body want to say that it is the gun or the parts...
always the problem is going to be you..or limp-wristing stupiding thing..
good luck.
It's not about inventing anything. I you have a basic understanding of how a semiauto pistol works then you can understand what limpwristing is and what bullet presentation its they are entirely different things and if one person has no problems with a pistol and a newbie does have a FTE then you can, 99% of the time, call it limpwristing.

·
Registered
599 Posts
ok..you are the master, but I got to say that I´m not newbie with guns, and I have "limp-wristing thing on my XD" and 0 on my two glocks.:rolleyes:

But I still love my xd...so everybody be cool...I´m not saying anything against XD...:cool:

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Hey if you your not a newbie then you know how a any semiauto works, glock, 1911, XD, S&W M&P etc they all work on the same principal, then you know what limpwristing is, that's all I'm saying. It's not a pissing contest as to who know more about guns.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
To the OP. Do you put a dab of lube on the rails? Overcoming some of that friction may help.

Big +1 for clean guns. Clean em every time after shooting. Get a ultra sonic cleaner. It's a breeze to clean a XD or any handgun with.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I've shot about 12 cases thru my XD9, and 2 cases thru my XD9SC, and have never had a problem with Blazer. I clean my guns every case, whether they need it or not. I'd make sure it was lubed well, and have him watch the grip video that Springer did. I always think it's funny how the miltary obsession with cleaning after corrosive ammo (plus we need something for these guys to do cleaning) has carried over to this century. I'd never dissamble a weapon, clean it, reassemble it, and carry it without making sure it fired first.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To the OP. Do you put a dab of lube on the rails? Overcoming some of that friction may help.

Big +1 for clean guns. Clean em every time after shooting. Get a ultra sonic cleaner. It's a breeze to clean a XD or any handgun with.
Yes, I apply lube after I clean it. I think the gun may have about 300 rds through it since the last cleaning. I've put more than that throught it, and I personally have never had a FTE. Must be his technique.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I've noticed this can actually be kind of a touch subject. Even xds are not limp-proof. My girlfriend shot my 45 a couple times and had some FTEs. A friend of mine was telling me he and another guy went to the range, my friend had a lot of firearms experience, the other... not so much. I guess the other guy wanted to rent a .45 (his first time shooting a .45). He was having FTEs all day. It ran flawlessly for my friend. Needless to say, the other guy refused to believe he was limp-wristing.

for the record, I'm in agreement that's most likely what your nephew's problem was.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts