Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictured is a 147 grain HST (New Version). I would say it's a pass. At least through milk jugs and denim. It went through 3 gallon milk jugs and stuck in the back of the third and didn't puncture the fourth. It's definitely over .60 but I don't have any calipers to check. So if you want to get good ammo for a 3in barrel get some Federal 147 grain HST.
Body jewelry Gesture Pre-engagement ring Finger Wedding ring
Flower Plant Body jewelry Petal Purple
Flower Plant Body jewelry Petal Purple
Body jewelry Gesture Pre-engagement ring Finger Wedding ring

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the test results 😎
With milk jug testing is there an ideal number of jugs to pass through? What is considered too much or not enough penetration?
I'm not really sure but I do know it's the closest thing you can get to ballistic gel. Measured in at 17in maybe 17.5. Some will claim that's too much penetration for them because they like it to be 12-14. But I like penetration! I go as deep as I can. I think a Sig VCrown might be next up because if it performs well which in most of the reviews I've seen it does in all weights. I might have to switch based on pricing. In my area 50 round boxes of HSTs are $49.99. a box of Sig V-Crowns 50 rounds is only $40. $16 for a 20 round box.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts