Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded my XD9 with new sights, new grip, new magazine. I couldn't find pics ANYWHERE on the web of an XD9 with mepro's installed, So I wanted to get some pics out there, and let you all know that the Meprolights are MORE THAN PERFECT for this gun. SOO much better than the stock sights!

The first pic is just looking down the sights,
The second pic is the sights in the dark. My camera kinda sucked, and the sights glow MUCH brighter than what the pic shows...but i figure it gives a good idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
I've got 'em on my XDm 9c, and I really enjoy 'em.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where is a good place to get them at a decent price. I want to install them on my XD9. Also I heard they are a pain to put on, any tips? I am sure it has been discussed on the forum somewhere, I am just new here

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
The first pic is just looking down the sights,
The second pic is the sights in the dark. My camera kinda sucked, and the sights glow MUCH brighter than what the pic shows...but i figure it gives a good idea.

I hope so because from where I sit the pic is totally black! ;)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Where is a good place to get them at a decent price. I want to install them on my XD9. Also I heard they are a pain to put on, any tips? I am sure it has been discussed on the forum somewhere, I am just new here
Try xd-hs2000.com
The owner is a regular poster here, and DEFINITELY knows his business.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 2nd pic distinctly has 2 green dots in all that pitch black. My camera definitely wouldn't catch the glow from the front sight...whatever.
I'd just like to make very clear that it doesn't even have to be pitch black, it can be even low or medium light and the sights glow.

The reason why, is that tritium gas in the vials is radioactive and glows for 12 years. No need to keep your gun in the light, no charging, etc. Let's just say it's been a drastic improvement over the stock sights I had on for a year. Oh, and, much less radiation than what you get from the sun, so, don't be worried about having this gun around you a lot. :)

There are the trijicons, for 30 dollars more, but the mepros are so good, I see no need to spend more.

Oh and, personally, I found then on OpticsPlanet.com for 79.99, and then when I called them up, the sales guy added his discount and they came out to 75.05 after tax and shipping. :)

THEN, (because I hear the XD sights are a real pain AND people have scratched their gun) I took it to my shooting range and paid 35 bucks to get the sights installed. Took the gunsmith less than half an hour, and they're perfect now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I can see them great....they look good....if you are on a laptop try pulling the screen down some to adjust your angle of view to see them...at first it looked totally black but when I pulled the screen down a little...wow....if that don't work make sure you turn your computer on!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you all change them yourself or send them to someone to do it? I bought my Meprolight sights through a Pawn shop before I figured out eBay would have helped me better. First he knicked the front sight a little and told me it was set. I shot it and it shoots about 6 to 8 inches to the left. So I am adjusting them and wondering some good ways to move the rear sight since they are SUPER tight. I have some nylon punches and it hasn't even budged it. I am trying not to have to by the tool but it looks like I will have to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts