Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is about the 18rd magazine I bought for my XD9 4" model.

First off, I know the XDM has an increased capacity magazine, and you have to make sure you're not buying XDM magazines for your XD! No go of course. :)

Now, I had no idea who MecGar was, and I did a little searching and found that they make OEM magazines for some like Sig, HK, etc.

WHEN IT COMES TO A 3RD PARTY MAGAZINE, RELIABILITY IS KEY. Of course.

Now, when I went shooting last saturday, I put 350 rounds thru my gun, primarily using the MecGar magazine (aside from the other 2 stock 16rd mags that came with my gun)

I gotta say, I shot Win White Box, CCR Blazer, and RWS 9mm 114/124gr FMJ thru my gun, a whole mix of all of it, and NOT ONE JAM in the 350 rounds, including using this new magazine.

I was unsure how this magazine would work, but now I'm like, OMG IF YOU GOT AN XD9, YOU NEED AT LEAST ONE OF THESE. Feeds just as good as the stock magazine.

Included is a pic/comparison of the original 16rd mag vs the 18rd mag..BARELY a difference in size.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had one of these for my XD9 service but found it so tight when loaded with 18rds that I could barely seat the mag on a closed slide. It basically became a 17rd mag. I had no reliability issues with mine either, but I only put about 150rds through it before selling it, along with my XD9, when I bought an XDm3.8.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you do have to push up on the mag when you hit the mag release for it to slide out smoothly. What also works is if you rack the slide, pop the magazine in, and then hit the slide release. The magazine glides in smoothly and then the gun chambers nice and easy.

See, for like, less than half an inch and 2 extra rounds, there are a couple small cons, minor things, but I find it definitely worthwhile.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Mec-Gar mags are the best and what I usually have in my carry guns. I don't know of anyone that has had a reliability issue with any of them.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Mec-Gar makes top notch stuff. If you're having problem getting the mag to seat, load with the slide locked back or download one or two rounds.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I love my Mec gar..they work better than my springfield mags..mine were also hard to get 18 in at first now function great, when I head to the range they get used, and the oem,s sit in my bag.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I love my Mec gar..they work better than my springfield mags..mine were also hard to get 18 in at first now function great, when I head to the range they get used, and the oem,s sit in my bag.
Hmm, maybe I just didn't give mine enough of a work out. Oh well, now I have an XDm:D.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I love my MecGar mags, I got two for my HS 2000, then picked up a few for my Beretta 92.

In fact I think SA uses them for their EMP series handgun. Great quality!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Dont leave your factory mags in the bag, load up ALL the mags you got, so it's less reloading time!
its really the same time loading if i shoot 2, load 2 or shoot 4 and load 4.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts