Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the IDPA and ATF say that the XD9 is single action, thereby, forcing the XD9 into the ESP division, is the XD's at a distinct disadvantage in this division? Some seem to believe that the XD is a poor gamer gun. What are your thoughts. I have only competed in 2 IDPA matches with my XD9 and would like to hear from some that have used XDs or HS2000 in competiton for a while.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I can't speak to your IDPA question, since I shoot only IPSC to date, but I can tell you in IPSC the XD is a nearly perfect Production gun, and considered by many to be the one of the best available for USPSA Production class shooting.

Scott

·
Registered
823 Posts
Recall that IDPA divisions are set up so that the only competition is wthin them. I have used mine several times and don't feel at that much of a disadvantage aganst other ESP shooters. When the Barstow trigger and sear get installed I expect to improve.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
I don't see it as a disadvantage. I beat Glocks, 9mm 1991s, .40 cal 1911s and I get my butt whupped by them also. The only disadvantage I see in IDPA is not making holes in -0 circle. :wink:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
This past weekend I shot the IDPA classifier with an XD9, a 1911 in 9mm, and a Glock 17. All three times were within 3 seconds of each other. I'd say it's the shooter not the gun, IMHO

·
Registered
308 Posts
Snake-eater 1 said:
This past weekend I shot the IDPA classifier with an XD9, a 1911 in 9mm, and a Glock 17. All three times were within 3 seconds of each other. I'd say it's the shooter not the gun, IMHO
Gotta agree with Snake-eater 1 - - - it's the shooter.

Two weekends ago, I shot in a Citizens Police Academy Alumni match. I was shooting my XD9 there were all sorts of other guns being used. In the last man standing plate shoot the last three shooters up were using a Glock, a 1911, and me with my XD. The 1911 guy got the bye and I outshot the guy with the glock (I cleaned the rack he missed one) the guy with the 1911 beat me by .5 second we both cleaned the rack. I think, he would have beaten me even if we had traded guns he's just faster. By the way, an 81 year old WWII fighter piot shooting a revolver was fifth!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the opinions. Yeah, I have known some guys who would seem to beat me in a match no matter what gun you gave them. (but then again they could probably beat me throwing rocks). The shooter is the most important factor in competition.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The only reason I went for the .40 instead of the 9mm is the occasional steel popper that is set heavy and takes a higher hit with the 9. It's seldom an issue but I shoot better with less worries.

·
Registered
105 Posts
At club level competition, no. At national level competition, hell yes. I've shot the Nationals four times and have never seen anyone win ESP with a XD, have you?

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Gary G23 said:
At club level competition, no. At national level competition, hell yes. I've shot the Nationals four times and have never seen anyone win ESP with a XD, have you?
If TGO would compete in ESP instead of CDP you would probably see it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts