Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is another accessory for the XD9 that i didn't see enough of online, so I wanted to talk about it real quick.

The hogue grip (instead of saying the whole name every time) looks nice, feels nice, and does have its benefits.

After installing all my upgrades, I took my gun out and fired 350 rounds thru it. Now. I bought all my upgrades at once (minus the tlr3 and holster i will eventually get)

So I literally went from shooting a stock gun, to shooting the gun with all these new upgrades.

And I gotta say, I REALLY like how well the grip feels, I can tell that it DEFINITELY absorbs recoil, and I CCW with this gun, and there's no drastic increase in the printing. Actually, none I can tell really.

So here's a couple pics, I definitely am happy with this 12 dollar upgrade.

And you may think anything 12 dollars is "cheap-o" like I did, but it works. Perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I ALWAYS google a product, use google and then the shopping tab to find the best price. I found it for 9.99 on ebay and then like 2.99 shipping. Got here in a few days.

I've heard people say this grip was difficult to install. And I was prepared for that when I got it. To my surprise, it took me LESS THAN 5 minutes to install. Of course...take the magazine out first. :)

Oh, and, for some reason, people would snip the grip, create a little cut or tear, but of course, once you do that to rubber, it's only a matter of time before that tear grows. SO...DONT DO THAT! And you don't have to anyway.

For what it's worth, I live in AZ, and the grip was sitting in a metal mailbox for a few hours. So, when I slipped it on, it was nice and warm and pliable.

OH AND, I'm a bigger guy, 6'1 280lbs, AKA I have large hands. :) :) This grip slightly increases the width of the grip, due to the palmswells. So, take that into consideration, Buut, for me, it really helped put my fingers in the right spot.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had one on my xd for about 4 months. I liked the grip it provided, but it stretched out in those 4 months and would twist around the gun. I think I may have fired 200 rounds through my xd in this time frame and I cc'd it every day. I think body heat from daily carrying caused it to loosen up.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I need a little palm swell on the right side as the sights don't quit line up on the XD with out pushing it to the left. Do you think this would help as I have large meaty hands. Don't have this problem with a XDm. I would trade but I like the way this one shoots

10/26/11 Got one at a gun show and it works great 300 rounds so far and no problems

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have one in tan on my dark earth XD9..and love it. fit great, yes go slow putting it on, feels great and shoots great.
I have the Wolfe solid guide rod,extended mag and slide release, and the Houge is one of the best upgrades.money well spent. looks cool in Tan also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this forum but can offer a little insight on installing these grips. Hairspray. Spray the inside with hairspray, it will slide right on and then as the hairspray dries it acts as an adhesive. This is a trick I used when installing bar grips on motorcycles. It will also keep it from twisting as someone mentioned they had that problem earlier. To get the grip off, you will most likely have to cut it off.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought mine off of Amacon for $7. It made my grip just the right size now. Mine did not interfer with the grip safety at all and will not go up that high on either of my pistols.

·
Registered
107 Posts
same, im thinking of returning it, or trying to cut a rectangle around the grip safety

anyone have any success at attempting something similar?

Cheers
they are pretty easy to trim , with an exacto knife or a good pair of scissors .

I would be uncomfy trimming around the safety tho . Bad things can happen when u start modifying from the original purpose of things .

I got an OD version for my 9SC , trimmed it , put it on and was very happy :)

until I pulled out the ext mag and realized that of course it won't fit

I use the 13 mag for HD and the 16 mag for the range , but I am def not gonna switch the grip on and off :sad:

and as per above I am NOT gonna trim off the retainer tab and give the grip an opportunity to ride up and cover the safety

when i trimmed it i started from the top , cut slightly below the safety, cut slight curve and ended touching the bottom of the trigger guard
so if u need to trim to fit your model i don't know why u would need to trim AROUND the safety - mine fit well and gave good grip w the finger ridges

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
I have one of these and I have two questions:

1. in the instructions, it says to warm it up to help install it, has anyone done this? How warm is warm enough 100F?

2. Does anyone have the Hogue combined with Crimson-Trace Laser guard? I suspect they will interfere with one another.

Thanks for any responses.

·
Registered
803 Posts
This is another accessory for the XD9 that i didn't see enough of online, so I wanted to talk about it real quick.

The hogue grip (instead of saying the whole name every time) looks nice, feels nice, and does have its benefits.

After installing all my upgrades, I took my gun out and fired 350 rounds thru it. Now. I bought all my upgrades at once (minus the tlr3 and holster i will eventually get)

So I literally went from shooting a stock gun, to shooting the gun with all these new upgrades.

And I gotta say, I REALLY like how well the grip feels, I can tell that it DEFINITELY absorbs recoil, and I CCW with this gun, and there's no drastic increase in the printing. Actually, none I can tell really.

So here's a couple pics, I definitely am happy with this 12 dollar upgrade.

And you may think anything 12 dollars is "cheap-o" like I did, but it works. Perfectly.

Here is mine...Removed my sand traction grips and put the Hogue back on, had problems with the decals peeling..Love my Hogue!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just installed mine today.

Did have to do some trimming to get it to fit around the crimson trace though. It makes the crimson trace button unnoticeable now, much more comfortable.

Didn't try to install it on the xdm 45. That grip is already large enough for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Love my hogue...od goodness!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts