Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the grip safety on an xd9 supposed to be very firm to push in? The grip safety on my xdm45 Compact is real simple and even makes some what of a clacking sound if pressed quick but the xd9 is not even close. Tonite I bought the xd9 used and it's the first time Ive ever handled a regular XD model.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The grip safeties on both my XD 40 and my XDs 9 are very smooth. When I grip the gun with a proper grip I don't even feel the grip safety deactivate.

·
Registered
799 Posts
The grip safeties on both my XD 40 and my XDs 9 are very smooth. When I grip the gun with a proper grip I don't even feel the grip safety deactivate.
Ditto and we have 6 xd's and all are the same.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This particular pistol must have something causing it then. I havent shot it yet but I have to squeeze the grip fairly hard (compared to my xdm) to get the slide to come back even readjust my grip a little bit.
Are there any obvious reasons why, or should I just take it apart to find out?

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
This particular pistol must have something causing it then. I havent shot it yet but I have to squeeze the grip fairly hard (compared to my xdm) to get the slide to come back even readjust my grip a little bit.
Are there any obvious reasons why, or should I just take it apart to find out?
I strongly suggest you watch a grip safety removal video before you start tampering with it and don't forget: second-hand owner or not, you still have the SA lifetime warranty on the gun. Since it is potentially a safety issue, contact SA and see what they say about it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, im going to contact them to get it looked at then. I got the gun for only $325 with 3 mags and it still looks fairly new, seems like a good deal to me?

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I strongly suggest you watch a grip safety removal video before you start tampering with it and don't forget: second-hand owner or not, you still have the SA lifetime warranty on the gun. Since it is potentially a safety issue, contact SA and see what they say about it.
I would agree with kaboom too. Wouldn't want to rely on this for defending life of limb and have a defective pistol.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Thanks guys, im going to contact them to get it looked at then. I got the gun for only $325 with 3 mags and it still looks fairly new, seems like a good deal to me?
Excellent deal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Follow up: I took the pistol to the range and put 150 rounds through it flawlessly.
I should mention that pushing the grip safety in on the XD9 isn't "tough" to do but rather has more tension on it than my XDM. I don't notice having to push it in while gripping it to pull the trigger, so I'm not sure it's an issue worth sending the gun in for just yet.
I'm curious if anybody else with both models has noticed a difference in the safeties?

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Follow up: I took the pistol to the range and put 150 rounds through it flawlessly.
I should mention that pushing the grip safety in on the XD9 isn't "tough" to do but rather has more tension on it than my XDM. I don't notice having to push it in while gripping it to pull the trigger, so I'm not sure it's an issue worth sending the gun in for just yet.
I'm curious if anybody else with both models has noticed a difference in the safeties?
Well glad to hear it's at least functioning properly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts