Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I puchased my XD new in Feb. since then I have put over 6000 rounds through it. Mostly WWB, although I have used UMC and some brass Blazer. The problem I have is failure to extract, it doesn't happen all the time. Maybe 25 times since I have owned the gun. It really hasn't bothered me until now brcause the gun was just for shooting, but I should be recieving my chl soon and I would really like to carry my XD. I clean the gun after every trip to the range. I really want to avoid sending the gun to Springfield. I have stripped the slide numerous times with the intent on removing the extractor so I could tweak it, but the thing refuses to budge. I have broke 4 different picks trying to get it out. I am kinda at a loss do any of you guys have any suggestions on what the problem could be or how to get the extractor out ?

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
The 2x4 method or inertia method has worked for many. Bang the slide down on a 2x4 and let the inertia work the extractor out.

Another method a member did long ago was drill down thru the top of the slide to drive the extractor out.

:shock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts