Banned
38,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally happened.

After approximately 13,000 rounds (sue me, I lost count) :lol:

The damn thing finally failed me big time ... Luckily at the range :D

That's the third time AMMO has stopped my XD :cool: :cool: :cool:

But this time it was special ... Total freak'n lock-up :shock:

After about the 10th full force attempt (with breaks in between each effort) I finally UNCHAMBERED a round that had a full primer strike that was text book, and a bullet that was pushed forward about 5/16th of an inch :razz:

What a bitch !!!!

Anyway, just wanted to share my latest with the best damn pistol I've ever owned :mrgreen:

Rock On, and Raise Hell, if needed !!

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Were they reloads or factory rounds?

How did it run after the malfunction was cleared?

·
Registered
463 Posts
if you want to torture your baby you should just slap it around and call it nasty names :D is that 13000 total or 13000 that day?

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@AZXD

A newbie question here, do you consider it a gun malfunction or an ammo related stoppage?
Was it a squib?TIA
Were they reloads or factory rounds?

How did it run after the malfunction was cleared?
They were old mil-surplus from South America ... Cleared the one bad round, and the gun ran flawlessly, as usual.

Don't even try to calculate the failure rate :D
Flawless except for ammo, and I figure I've been damn lucky on ammo !!!

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What'd you do?!... Quit beating up your baby! Lol.
LOL ... The funny thing is, this happened not long after I tossed the XD on the ground in front of Gman, and his new pistol.
Very nice pistol, but it ain't no XD ;)

Oh,
And it's hot as hell to go shooting this time of year LOL sizzle

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have 1/13 the number of rounds through mine and just had my first malfunction. I learned that if you load a bullet in the magazine backwards, it won't feed nor fire. It helps to pay attention when you load instead of being chatty Kathy with your lane neighbor.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have 1/13 the number of rounds through mine and just had my first malfunction. I learned that if you load a bullet in the magazine backwards, it won't feed nor fire. It helps to pay attention when you load instead of being chatty Kathy with your lane neighbor.

It happened to a friend i brought along, a first timer at the range, he loaded the mag half full and slammed it into the well, rack it but it won't go into battery, so the RO took the pistol from him and drop the mag, and found out the cartriges are all stacked in reverse, can't stop LOL!

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It happened to a friend i brought along, a first timer at the range, he loaded the mag half full and slammed it into the well, rack it but it won't go into battery, so the RO took the pistol from him and drop the mag, and found out the cartriges are all stacked in reverse, can't stop LOL!
Backwards,
Never did that, but once loaded some 9x18's into the XD magazine, before I realized it, and popped them back out.

That was long ago, and YEA, no chatty time when doing certain things ... Lesson,
Never (after that day) having ammo open that will fit in the wrong gun.

Still ... That freak'n gun ... +13,000 and it's only 3 problems have been ammo issues.
Did I mention it's still running factory everything :D and nothing has been replaced.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I witnessed this event and can verify authenticity of said statement.

I have also seen this pistol perform like no other for many many many rounds! One bad apple...
Thanks G !!

I wanna shoot that 1911, again :)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts