Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading this forum for a few weeks and all I read about is 10 and 15 rounds mags for the XD9, when I got mine a week ago shipped straight to my gunshop it came with 2- 16 round mags, is this something special or are they all going to be 16 rounders now? Even the website states that they are 15+1 not 16+1

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mine are 15+1

·
Registered
415 Posts
Pics?

Can you insert and lock in the mag with the slide closed?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics you say... And yes I can load them to 16 rounds and pop it right in the gun with the slide closed and one in the chamber, = 16+1

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Personally, I like the staggered indicator holes on the 15 round mags better than the pattern on the 16 round mags.

I first heard about 16 round 9mm mags when I was at Gander Mountain a couple of weeks ago, with my initial impression being that the counter rep was FOS. Apparently I was wrong...

As for 7.62NATO's question about the Crest, while not related to the 16 round mags, only two of the eight 15 round mags that I own have the crest on them (all eight have identical Springfield Armory markings on the floorplate).

·
Registered
415 Posts
I wonder if they can get one more in the .40 cal. I only asked because I can get 12 .40 into a Beretta mag, but it wont go up the mag well all the way. That is cool though. I wonder if magazine integrity is jeopardized by the new manufacturing.

Are they stainless? They look black.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes they are stainless with black plastic on the bottom, the pics just look black on the top and bottom because the flash was too close.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Maybe those are the first mecgar versions.....there were trying to get the contract to be the mag supplier for sa.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since this seems to be a new item I'll post a few more pics... It's really just a excuse to show off my XD9 :D

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
At least Springfield learned and is now utilizing the 40 cal mag bodies. The full capacity 40 mags also hold 16 9mm. Hopefully they will learn and do the same with the subcompact and use the 9 rnd 40 mag body to hold 13 9mm. I personally would like to keep the smaller grip but like having more rounds.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
If I cant hit them in 15+1 shots the 16th+1 shot wont do much good either.

·
Registered
298 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
At least Springfield learned and is now utilizing the 40 cal mag bodies. The full capacity 40 mags also hold 16 9mm. Hopefully they will learn and do the same with the subcompact and use the 9 rnd 40 mag body to hold 13 9mm. I personally would like to keep the smaller grip but like having more rounds.
Is it just the body thats different? If I buy 40 cal subcompact mags and put the follower, spring and baseplate from the 9mm mag, will it make it any more reliable? i thought I read before there being some feed problems? Do you trust 40 cal mags enough to use in your carry gun?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Arnisandyz said:
ajamesp51 said:
Is it just the body thats different? If I buy 40 cal subcompact mags and put the follower, spring and baseplate from the 9mm mag, will it make it any more reliable? i thought I read before there being some feed problems? Do you trust 40 cal mags enough to use in your carry gun?
I would think that only if they used a heavier spring in the .40 mags there might be reliability issues. To the best of my knowledge they don't so it should be fine. You can even buy .40 mags and bend the lips to 9mm angles with no problems.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where can one buy these new 16 round mags? The usual places are still advertising 15 rounders.

I have been very disappointed with the quality of my XD9 mags as compared to that of my Beretta. They don't swallow steel cased ammo very well, and the tiniest bit of sand and they don't feed. I don't have any of these issues with my Beretta 92 mags. I think the problem is the smooth shiney finish, it has too much friction.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts