Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the XD9 "Defender" quality still the same as the regular XD9 was when it was sold for much more ? Or did the quality go down ? I read a recent thread in here about a member having accuracy issues. Any information is appreciated. I did notice that the prices on these have went back up averaging $459-499 where I live. Just a year ago they were $399. I guess gun stores are marking everything up.

Registered
I have a Defender in 40 S&W and have ZERO issues with it. I feed it the dirtiest, cheapest, steel or aluminum or whatever I can find and have never had an issue. I bought four more magazines and it is my EDC. Use it & do not look back.

Registered
I paid $299 for a 9mm sub compact a few years ago.
Only thing I noticed was a few scratches on the slide but they cleaned right up with cold bluing

Registered
It is just a regular Gen 3 HS2000 sold in a no frills cardboard box with no extras like a magazine pouch, holster, extra magazines, or snazzy case.

Reactions: Mike51392

Registered
It is just a regular Gen 3 HS2000 sold in a no frills cardboard box with no extras like a magazine pouch, holster, extra magazines, or snazzy case.
Snazzy case 馃槅. Iv **** canned every case my pistols came in except for my Phoenix Arms hp22a.

Registered
I have a XD9 Defender that I picked up about two years ago. Zero malfunctions, shoots where the sights look, nice trigger, zero issues. I did get mine for about $300 plus tax, but pricing on everything has risen in the last year. I wouldn't shy away from one. Just wish it had night sights.

Registered
$399 ouch I got mine (2) with a "special package" 5 mags, holster, mag holster, mag loader, and hard case for $429. Granted there are crappy products but still.

Registered
I bought mine for $269 or $279 a few years ago. It鈥檚 a regular XD, no quality issues. At the price I got it for I couldn鈥檛 pass it up. I bought my first XD in 2003 during the assault weapons ban (ten round mags) and it was $449. The new gun has several improvements over the old gun. It鈥檚 a mature reliable platform.

Registered
I bought mine for $269 or $279 a few years ago. It鈥檚 a regular XD, no quality issues. At the price I got it for I couldn鈥檛 pass it up. I bought my first XD in 2003 during the assault weapons ban (ten round mags) and it was $449. The new gun has several improvements over the old gun. It鈥檚 a mature reliable platform.
That's a great price 馃憤 I got my xd45 for $299 black Friday sale.
Product Trigger Air gun Line Gun barrel

Sky Car Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

The line to enter the range/gun shop. Waiting in line I thought there's no way I was gonna get 1. I got the last 1.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts