Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just got my XD9 and love it! This is my first firearm of any kind, so I am really learning alot on forums like these. I am also taking a NRA certified 3 part course next week.

Here is my question:

I understand they started using the melonite treatment in 06.

My bullet casing is dated 13 2007 (can't read the middle numbers, I'm guessing that is the month)
I called springfield with the serial# and they said it left the factory in April of 08 and has the melonite treatment.

I guess it makes sense that they tested it after manufacturing in 07, then it left the factory in 08. Also the manual is dated 2008 (though that could be put in the packaging after manufacturing). But since they did confirm it has melonite, does anyone see any reason to doubt that it does?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I think if the oldest dating you could find on it is dated in 2007 you can be sure it has the melonite treatment.

Im not sure exactly when they began manufacturing all their pistols with the melonite finish, but it was early 2006. So yours, being late 07/early 08 has that finish for sure. Definitly not something to worry about, and congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
First of all welcome to the forum and congrats on the XD9. Springfield does their SN's in a way that you cannot tell when it was manufactured. You'll just have to trust them about the manuf. date, and I have no idea why they would mislead you!!! Just so you know, in case you want another XD, any XD45ACP will have the melonite treatment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts