Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new guy here------
Just went to the gun shop/range today with my old Ruger p95 to purchase another gun. Well I was trying to decide between the XD9 and the sig 9mm and shot much better with the xd9. My first 10 rounds with the xd9 about a 3 inch grouping at 21 feet---which is excellent for me ( i usually hit about 4 to 4 .5 with the Ruger). Anyways I didn't do as well with the Sig---So i purchased the XD9 with the ported barrel. Only put about 100 rounds through it, but shot awful---probably a 7 to a 8 inch grouping. Is this because it's new and not broken in? Do i possibly have one that's off site? hopefully it gets better, because the first one I shot was very sweet.

·
Registered
768 Posts
i thinn it's the general feeling here that the trigger action does need to break in on many new xds.
doesn't sound like sights since that should make a good pattern, just off center.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Ask some one else to try it out, go slow and try to pull the trigger so it is a surprise when the pistol fires, then come back and tell us if the group is still bad. Sometimes with a poor porting job the inside of the barrel is uneven and rough, but usually this is from a mome made porting.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
its usually not the gun but the shooter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
same bullets and all, the one i shot before my new gun was a old hs2000 model stock. at first the bullets were sporadic and not centered, but each new clip there started to be less "stray" shots---becoming more of a group. hopefully it just needs to be broke in. his was unported where mine is ported

1 - 6 of 6 Posts