Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range with a buddy, he is a new shooter with an XD9 and I had my Glock. He was complaining about the accuracy on the sillouette. So I grabbed his XD, sent 5 down range at the sillouettes upper A zone and all 5 were 4-5 inches low. Grabed my Glock, put all 5 at POA. Relaoded his XD and sent 5 at the orange bullseye aiming at the very top, all 5 were 3"-4" low. Grabbed the Glock and shot out the orange.

Now this is NOT a Glock vs XD issue, I also bought an XD and only reason I did not shoot it as I am having a site installed. My only question, is this just a getting used to the XD aim, bad barrel, etc? The sites are fixed and IMHO is not shooting at POA. Thoughts?

·
Registered
63 Posts
The XD manual states that the XD uses a 6 o'clock aim @ 25yrds. My experience has shown that closer than 25yrds. it is POA. Still, it does not address you and your friend shooting low. Could mean that the sights may need a little adjusting thats all.
As for me...I hit all 15 rnds in a 2" circle @ 15 yrds, at 20-25 yrds I am still in the 3" circle.
Have him bench rest and fire a few rounds 10yrds. and then 15yrds. See if it is still hitting low. If it is...call Springfield or take it to your friendly neighborhood smith.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What ammo were you using? I've noticed some shifting in POI when I switch from 115gr to 124gr to 147gr 9mm ammo.

Scott

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well, my XD love the WWB ammo, for what that's worth. I might give it a little more time to break in, and if you can, try some different ammo in it. See what you find, and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to call Springfield and ask them what they have to say about it.

Scott

·
Registered
314 Posts
Get MMC adjustable sights and use the sight picture of your choice. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts