Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Blackhawk Serpa Level 3 duty holster for my XD9 Mod 2 Service Model and I had a hard time getting the firearm to lock in place, but had to force it. Is there a break in process?

·
Registered
370 Posts
It's just a bad design, the locking mechanism can be jammed by sand, or even dust bunnies. I understand their appeal, I really do. But the only reliable real active locking holsters that are proven from my research are the safariland duty holsters.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It is that individual holster. The gun should slide into the holster with no real pressure. While there is no arguing that a lot of dumbasses have shot themselves unholstering from a Serpa the Border Patrol has used them with success for over a decade. And if any American law enforcement agency knows about working in sand and brush it would be them.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered the Blackhawk Serpa Level 3 duty holster for my XD9 Mod 2 Service Model and I had a hard time getting the firearm to lock in place, but had to force it. Is there a break in process?
Probably your holster was designed for the "old" XD9 model and the new shape of the Mod.2 may give some fitting issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A little late to this discussion, but I carry this setup for work every and practice at the range at least once a month, plus qualifying every 3 months.
The level 3 holster is made for the XD and xdm. However the mod.2 will fit and work reliably. Loosen the retention screw and place the pistol in the holster for a few days to sit. Then put the holster on your belt and run press drills, holster will break in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts