Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new toys out for the first time today. Guess I haven't shot any of my guns since about '98-ish and it has been far, far too long. I wasn't expecting much since I only own one other pistol (G23) and have only put about 100 rounds through it since buying it around '96, sad, I know :neutral:

Anyways, it was only in low 30's and muddy so wasn't the greatest day to be out, but was better than being inside. Was running WWB in both guns from 7yrd. I was pretty happy with both of them.

XD9 Tactical - 1st mag out of the box

2nd mag

Later after shooting the 3P-AT two rounds, I went back to the XD9 and shot an awesome group the first 5 shots - in one hole about the size of a nickel :shock: I looked at my little bro-inlaw and told him I should stop before I screwed the group up. After the long trigger on the 3P-AT, these first 5 shots suprised me with each BANG, so I attribute that more than anything to the group size. As I finished the rest of the mag out, I lost it and the group began to open up a bit. Was still better than I expected, but in frustration I wadded the target up when I took it down - I wished I had kept it, because if there ain't pics, it didn't happen, right :? Anyway, really pleased with the XD9 and can't wait to go to the indoor range next week and play with it some more.

Now to the 3P-AT. This little gun shoots really good and is fun. I thought it may have more recoil than it does, but was pleased to find that not so.

3P-AT 1st mag out of the box

2nd mag

The orange center in target above is where I had one of the stick on dots to better focus on the target. The adhesive wasn't working well in the cold temps and it fell off during this group, taking the black ink with it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Good shootin'! I have a P3AT and XD9 as well and both are also 100% reliable. Your right in that the P3AT don't have as much recoil as some people think. Try out the pinky extensions for the P3AT though. Kel-Tec has some and Bersa Thunder 380 extensions work to. I can still only get a 2 finger hold but the bottom finger is snug against the extension.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts