Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a compact 45. I already have the XDM45 and like it. I'm thinking about picking up an XD45c or some other 45c. Should I wait for a compact XDM 45? I'd like to stay with a 45 only because I reload and wouldn't have to stock multiple items. Please post suggestions on a recommended make/model.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
I'd go with the XD45C. If it wasn't a compact model you were looking for I'd say go with the FNP45 or XD45 Tactical. Additionally, you could also go with the XD45 Tactical Compact, which is the tactical slide/barrel on the compact frame.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I have an xd45c I carry it every day.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I say go for the XD 45 compact....it uses the same mags as your XDm all you need is a few spacers.
and right now has that mag promo, you would be well set for mags for both pistols ( if you get the full size mags)

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
Go for the XD45C, it's a great gun, and like it's been said, uses the same mags as your XDm45

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd go with the XD45C. If it wasn't a compact model you were looking for I'd say go with the FNP45 or XD45 Tactical. Additionally, you could also go with the XD45 Tactical Compact, which is the tactical slide/barrel on the compact frame.
ghost--scout.....what's the difference between the XD45c and the XD45 Tactical Compact? I checked out SA's website and didn't notice that model listed.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
ghost--scout.....what's the difference between the XD45c and the XD45 Tactical Compact? I checked out SA's website and didn't notice that model listed.
Look under compact.....

The XD 45 compact is available with 2 different slide/barrels
The 4" and the 5" Tactical

·
Registered
8 Posts
dude, don't worry about the xdm's. theres very little difference (but they look meaner). I have the xd 45compact 4in. Its elfin bad ass, short grip. conceals easily in a crossbreed holster. Best way to go. XDm's are too pricey. You WONT know the difference shooting between the both imo.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've owned the XD 45T and the XD 45C. I sold my compact, because I didn't shoot it nearly as accurately as the 5" and I felt there was significantly more muzzle flip and my follow up shots were slower. I now regret selling it and wish I would have just practiced more and bought a heavier guide rod instead. Now I am once again in the market for another 4-4.3" .45 for CC.

Some people say that they don't miss the inch or in your case .5 inch off the end of the barrel. I think it varies shooter to shooter.

For me, this time I'm going to try out a 1911 commander model. I seem to shoot 1911's better (and have way fewer shots).

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
I love my XD45c for daily cc. My friend has the tactical and, wonder of wonders, he's a little more accurate out past 25yds. I didn't by the thing for sniping and I'm happy that at 25yds I can put it it where I need to. It's just plain fun to shoot as well.

Shorter barrel guns require more practice to master. Especially in a large caliber. I don't see the downside of "having" to go to the range to practice! :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Another idea. Think outside the .45 ammo box. You did not mention what the second gun is for besides sharing a pile of ammo, so what about this, if your second gun is to be a BUG or light travel day concealed: A 9mm or even a .380. Ammo is cheap enough that you might not want to bother with reloading, and the guns are going to be, usually, even more compact and light.

I've had the XD9 subcompact, and with Pearce grips it was very controllable and accurate. I still have a Glock 19, which is a bit larger but about the same weight. Outside SA, you have the Ruger LC9 and LCR or even the S&W Bodyguard in .380.

If you have not shot .45 in a compact, you might want to go rent one at a range. You might not like that big round in a little gun after shooting it. FWIW, I carry the XDm-45 concealed in all conditions (including 100+ degrees with matching humidity here in Houston), so my reason for having a smaller gun is just for the fun of it...and in case my wife, whose gun it really is, decides to start shooting again and get her CHL back. If I were cash flush enough to just have extra guns, I'd want something that was very different and just fun to go shoot.

Just one more thought.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts