Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Does it happen when you shoot it?
If not, she's not holding it firmly enough OR is riding the slide down as she loads the first round.

Use a small piece of tape on the bottom plate of each magazine, marking them with a number.

Every time it happens, make a note of which magazine was in.
Is it always the same mag?

Line up your mags with ONE round in each.
Do they all hold the round at the same angle, or does one of them hold the round much less with the bullet tip 'up'? If so, that mag has a bent feed lip or some other flaw or damage.

Be sure to store and transport your mags in a protective cover, don't toss them to the bottom of your range bag or the feed lips could be bent.

Let us know what happens, all my XD's feed all ammo perfectly except Wolf steel jacket which is iffy.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Another thing, if she carries this gun or if it's the loaded house gun then she should use one set of mags to practice and another set to carry.

Put 200 rounds through the gun with each carry mag to make sure they work well, then load 'em up and stop using them.

Use other mags to practice, especially if they get dropped on the ground as a part of reloading.

When you've carried your defense ammo long enough and want to change to fresh ammo, take the carry mags out and shoot the old defense ammo out of them.

It takes a long time for handgun ammo to go bad, but I always replace mine with fresh ammo every 3 years.

My advice is to always have a spare loaded mag with you when carrying or for the home defense gun. Not that you are gonna shoot so many rounds, but if you have a big problem with the gun it usually is the magazine and you've got a ready replacement.

I'm sure others will chime in, but using the process of elimination you can figure out the problem, your XD should not jam more than one round in 1000 maximum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.