Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife has (and loves!) an XD45c, which she shoots very well. She typically shoots el cheapo WWB and Sellier & Bellot ammo, and doesn't have any problems.

She also has some Federal Hydra-Shok JHP that she shoots occasionally, and she's had a few jams with that. The jam is always the same: a nose-dive into the magazine. See the photo (sorry for the crappy cell phone photo):

Today she fired one round and it jammed. Pull the slide back slightly, and the round pops up and chambers just fine. She fired another round; same thing. I then fired four or five rounds, and didn't have a problem.

Does this sound like simple limp-wristing? And for some reason the Federal is more susceptible to it than her other ammo?

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It hasn't happened to me, though she puts 95% of the rounds through the gun.

Yes, it's always been the same mag . . . but it's generally the only mag she uses.

Good suggestions; thanks for the detailed reply. I'll check them out.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good advice, thanks.

Yes, it's the loaded house gun. We were randomly using mags, but (coincidentally) just today separated range and home mags -- so we've got that one covered.

I'll compare mags (like you suggested earlier) and make sure -- hopefully -- that it's just a matter of limp-wristing. Then we'll be good to go, and it'll be back to the "range wars" between her (with XD45c) and me (with XD9sc).

And if history is any indicator, she'll continue to beat my ass. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts