Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I could pick one of these up. I am currently living in North Texas and can't find one at all. Everywhere I go they have the 45 service, or 40c but noone has 45c. I have been searching since before the Obama scare with no luck.

Went to the Ft. Worth gun show this weekend and nothing. I did see a few bi-tones and would love to have one but a standard will do. Two of the tables I stopped at, that had XD's, noone understood what I was talking about with the 45c. They kept pointing me toward the sc or the service....aahhh!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is one from Bud's guns it will have to be shipped to your FFL dealer, Bud's has great prices and they have them in stock
:Springfield 45ACP 4" COMPACT Black for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $527.00

Thanks for the heads up TBJ. My only problem is the only FFL I could find charges an arm and a leg for the transfer. What do you all consider a fair fee?

I found some at vance outdoors in Ohio but the transfer fee has stopped me from buying that one. Figures the cheapest I could find one is in my home state but I am currently stuck in North Texas. I figured of all the states I would be able to find whatever I wanted here....oh well.

https://shop.vanceoutdoors.com/hand...e=5&sort=2a&osCsid=bv8km9bd96splk9euf5big7j15

Legal question: What are the laws on say my dad purchasing the gun as a gift and sending it out to me?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Texas and Ohio you don't have to register a gun, So your dad buying it won't be a problem i would be worried about how it going to get to you. I don't think you can just ship a gun, i think it has to go through a FFL but don't hold me to it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The only way to bypass the FFL dealer is to have your dad drive down and give it to you, But there are laws traveling between state lines with guns.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Most of the time, given dealer mark up so that a dealer can at least clear a few bucks on selling a new pistol (most of the time dealers don't make a bundle on firearm sales), combined with having to pay sales tax on a $500 pistol, you can do better buying online, paying no sales tax, but paying shipping/hanlding and a transfer fee at your local dealer.

For example, here is an XD-45c for $460 shipped.

9647 Springfield XD 45 Compact Dark Earth 45 ACP : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

You buy the pistol, have it shipped to your local dealer after he submits his FFL to the dealer you are buying from, you complete the 4473 at your dealer's shop when you go to pick up the pistol, and your local dealer charges you $15-40 for a transfer fee. You are in and done with a new pistol for $500 or less. Couldn't be easier (and almost always ends up saving you some money than buying locally). The only time I buy local anymore is if my dealer is <$50 more expensive than ordering. I don't mind supporting my local guys...but not at my expense or their exorbitant prices.

Good luck...

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
Thanks for the heads up TBJ. My only problem is the only FFL I could find charges an arm and a leg for the transfer. What do you all consider a fair fee?

I found some at vance outdoors in Ohio but the transfer fee has stopped me from buying that one. Figures the cheapest I could find one is in my home state but I am currently stuck in North Texas. I figured of all the states I would be able to find whatever I wanted here....oh well.

https://shop.vanceoutdoors.com/hand...e=5&sort=2a&osCsid=bv8km9bd96splk9euf5big7j15

Legal question: What are the laws on say my dad purchasing the gun as a gift and sending it out to me?
i used to have a guy a bit of a drive from me about 8 miles he charged $15 but just recently raised his price to $20.

A guy about 2 1/2 miles from me charges $25 so i use him now, and save on gas and time.

both guys run auto parts shops, and one is a auto repair and parts shop.

anyways on gunbroker they have a feature to search out the FFLs in you area, pretty nice. the priced here in suburban detroit can go $50 maybe the highest was $55.

the best prices seem to be guys that run other business, not in the gun trade. There are guys that are ffls out of their home also i appears, but they are farther away from me.

GunBroker.com FFL Holder Network

put your zip in there. it will give you a whole bunch of FFL's many of which are likely not in the phone book and you didnt know about.

the fair price i would say $25-$35 seems fair for filling out a form, and xerox a piece of paper and make a 2 minute phone call. Most store front guys are just sitting there anyways, its no big effort on their part. You could do 5-6 per hour easy thats $180 bucks per hour, and i am sure after expenses you can net $60 per hour. thats plenty fair what amounts to unskilled office work.

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
other advantage of buying from a non gun shop is they wont give you guff or throw eye darts at them for not buying something they have in stock.

i am all for supporting local mom and pop shops, and i spend many thousands of dollars at local mom and pop delis, pharmacies, watch jewelry store etc, i dislike big chain stores, long lines, and highschool kids who dont know what they sell. That being said if the local gun joint only has 4 aks in stock, and you want AK variant X, or sig model X etc they want you to buy what they sell, its just natural.

the guy who runs an auto parts store, he doesnt care what gun you buy from whom. he is selling convenience, not guns.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Springfield XD 45 Compact 45 ACP /// SALE /// : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

there is one......... the average going rate around here for a FLL to recieve and paperwork a transferred gun is $20
Check here on gunbrokers list of FFL's to transfer

GunBroker.com FFL Holder Network

By my typing in a Ft worth zip code it brings up a TON of FFL's showing a $20 transfer fee, some are even $10.

DO NOT PAY TAX TO ANYONE DOING A TRANSFER. Its a rip off because you arent buying anything from them... You are just paying them to do paperwork.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help. I have never bought a gun through a FFL, you all cleared alot up for me. Found another guy that charges $25 as opposed to the $70 I was quoted by another FFL nearby.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You can send gun PARTS...like a gun with the slide off right through UPS. This is legal even though they tell you it isn't. They only want it shipped overnight at a VERY expensive rate because otherwise they go through warehouses and UPS employees steal them. Lets you know who works in UPS warehouses...people who know where to fence hot guns...
wonderful!! The company prefers to lie about it by citing vague laws that don't exist.
Now, it's your turn to lie to them. Put the DISASSEMBLED gun in a package and tell them it's machine parts. Insure it for the full value and send it on. Don't worry too much. The warehousemen see thousands of packages every day. They want the ones labeled firearms. They can't steal or fence everything. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Most of the time, given dealer mark up so that a dealer can at least clear a few bucks on selling a new pistol (most of the time dealers don't make a bundle on firearm sales), combined with having to pay sales tax on a $500 pistol, you can do better buying online, paying no sales tax, but paying shipping/hanlding and a transfer fee at your local dealer.

For example, here is an XD-45c for $460 shipped.

9647 Springfield XD 45 Compact Dark Earth 45 ACP : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

You buy the pistol, have it shipped to your local dealer after he submits his FFL to the dealer you are buying from, you complete the 4473 at your dealer's shop when you go to pick up the pistol, and your local dealer charges you $15-40 for a transfer fee. You are in and done with a new pistol for $500 or less. Couldn't be easier (and almost always ends up saving you some money than buying locally). The only time I buy local anymore is if my dealer is <$50 more expensive than ordering. I don't mind supporting my local guys...but not at my expense or their exorbitant prices.

Good luck...
Thats the company I bought my XD45c from. They were very easy to deal with.

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
I knew this would happen, so I went to get my gun before election day, in late october. I even made my mom fill out a purchase permit so if she saw a gun she liked, it wouldn't be a hassle. So she wound with a little Kel-Tec P3-AT .380. Next to get her to take the CCW class, maybe a women's fire arms training class too. She shoots pretty good for somebody that RARELY touches a gun! Anyways, I figured XDs would get difficult to find after the election. The guy at the gunshop said he was selling ALL KINDS of guns. There were a few people in there while we were there, all buying pistols, and semi auto rifles. 8)

·
Registered
432 Posts
I bought my XD45c at a Pawn & Gun Shop in Decatur, Tx. It was the only one he had. Matter of fact it was the only one I could find "in stock" any where in DFW. I just happen to see "gun" on his sign one day while in town and stopped in not expecting them to have one. BUT, he did so I snagged it quick! I'll call him and see if he is getting anymore and post back.

The Dallas Market Hall show is Nov 29 & 30. There's gotta be a few there. But I'd get there 1st thing Saturday morning though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies, guys. Finally, found one back home.....just got to get the FFL information and I should be set up! Oh one question....the place I want to buy the gun from is going to charge a $50 Transfer fee....is that normal?

Why are they so hard to find? Does Springfield just make fewer compacts, or is that just the most popular? Everywhere I go I find the sc and Service but never a compact.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't know if that's a normal price in your area but they charge $10-$20 in mine.:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts