Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a great deal from my best Friend on a XD45 w/LaserMax guide rod laser. Im not too crazy about lasers and prefer night sights. I want to replace the stock sights myself but understand that it is a pretty difficult task. Anyone have any tips on doing this at home? (hair dryer, bubber mallet, etc.)

Regards,
New Guy

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replaced the factory sights with fiber optics last weekend; it was a job but it can be done. best to put some liquid wrench or similar on the sights and let them sit for a while before trying to push them--I use a sight pusher and it was a struggle.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
XDs are notorious for tough sights to remove, seasoned gunsmiths have F'd them up with great regularity. Night sights are made of glass vials to hold the radioactive tritium gas, banging on them with a mallet is not a good idea. I would recommend sending it to James and have it done right. I think you only need to send the slide, so there is no big hassle about FFL transfers.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am beginning to think that I shouldnt bother with the Trijicon sights. The gun shoots great as it is but I am used to the sights on my glock and feel wierd without them. I sure as hell dont want to mess up my gun trying to do it myself. I have done others but from reading a little further in the forum, sounds like too much hassle. I will probably sell the lasermax and use the funds to get the night sights installed by James.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts