Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29,893 Posts
STI.

I far prefer the 1911 platform to the XD. Better trigger, superior ergos, and a well put together 1911 (which a STI is) is incredibly reliable.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Would a Para 14.45 be a viable choice? I've been thinking about one lately... Not sure I could justify the STI because of cost.

Load, Shoot, Clean, Repeat...

·
Registered
29,893 Posts
Would a Para 14.45 be a viable choice? I've been thinking about one lately... Not sure I could justify the STI because of cost.

I've got a P14.45 Limited that I've had massaged (Les Baer trigger group, Brown barrel, all properly fitted); I'll occasionally carry it, but I don't run it for nightstand use as it doesn't have a rail.

I'd consider one of the new Black Ops Doublestacks in that role, though...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Do you think the Para HAS to be massaged to be good enough or are stock parts reliable? Would I be better off to just save for the STI?
Opinions welcome.

·
Registered
29,893 Posts
Do you think the Para HAS to be massaged to be good enough or are stock parts reliable? Would I be better off to just save for the STI?
Opinions welcome.

Has to? No.

It was just done out of personal preference.

I had a bone-stock P16.40 that ran 100% reliably.

You could also look at the Rock Island Armory doublestacks, if you're on a budget; I've got one of their .22TCM/9mm combos that runs great.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm seeing the para 14.45 for $599 at cdnn and then there's a $75 mail in rebate. May be hard to beat that price even with shipping/transfer fees. I'll check out the RIAs too. I like them as well (have a 4inch .45mid size already).

·
Registered
19,924 Posts
I'd get the Glock 41 over the xd personally, it's pretty flipping light for its size.

Between the two, STI all the way though. Keep in mind a doublestack 1911 has a hoss of a grip.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Both are good guns. Put a PRP match trigger in the xd, it's very good, but being a 1911 guy & already owning a xd tac, I woud get the 2011.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts