Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed a fairly intense 2 day, 16 hour hand gun training excersice. Put about 400 rounds through over the 2 days (no cleaning in between). Different drills at different distances and targets. Great fun!!

The only FTF or complication I had was simulated! - deliberatly caused it for the purpose of training on clearing/correcting failures.

Can't wait to do it again.

-scalif

·
Registered
639 Posts
Great to hear. I looked at a tactical model Saturday and it seemed really top heavy. I'm sure 13 in the mag would have balanced it out. Anyone else running a xd?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have an XD45 service model. It has been 100% reliable with nearly 500 rounds down range and as accurate as my Glocks and Sig 229R. I don't know why people talk trash about the XD line of firearms. Everything they say thats wrong with them I have never experienced.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I also have a XD45 service. I have 1000 rounds through it and haven't had a single FTF or FTE. The only problem I had was the slide failed to lock back when the mag was empty. It happened twice in a row and hasn't happened since then. That was around the 600 round mark. I love my XD.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I love my XD Service! Get some grip tape, make a huge difference on the grip on hot days when your hands are sweating!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I don't know why people talk trash about the XD line of firearms. Everything they say thats wrong with them I have never experienced.
What do they say exactly? I've not heard anything but positives.

NE12

·
Premium Member
21,366 Posts
real good pistol, sounds like u have a winner

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
What do they say exactly? I've not heard anything but positives.

NE12
Usually,

"Glock -blah blah blah- Glock -blah blah -Gaston -Blah Blah - cheap copy - blah blah - Glock - blah blah blah"

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Usually,

"Glock -blah blah blah- Glock -blah blah -Gaston -Blah Blah - cheap copy - blah blah - Glock - blah blah blah"
Too funny. I like Glocks, I don't own one, but I'd like to one day. I do have an XD and love it. Anyway, whatever my gun preference, to put it simply, it's mine alone. I despise "gun snobbery" regardless of which brand or model they are bashing.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Too funny. I like Glocks, I don't own one, but I'd like to one day. I do have an XD and love it. Anyway, whatever my gun preference, to put it simply, it's mine alone. I despise "gun snobbery" regardless of which brand or model they are bashing.

good attitude. Snobbery is best left alone in all it's forms.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts